Sound Quality Tuner in So Cal.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoCalSQ
10+ year member

For any of you out there looking for someone to help you get your SQ set-up dialed in, give me a call.

I have been tuning SQ vehicles for personal use and competitions for over 15 years.

I am located in Corona, Ca

The tuning process can be a very complicated and daunting process. There is nothing worse than having thousands of dollars invested in a system that still doesn't sound good.

My approach to tuning is the following:

RTA each speaker individually to determine crossover points

Set up time correction between pairs first by measurement then fine tune by ear.

Determine crossover slopes by listening for phasing between driver pairs

Do rough cut equalization on left and right using an RTA

Fine adjustments on equalization using music and test tracks

Revisit crossover points based on tonal problems

Revisit time correction between speaker pairs and on sub

Adjust individual channel gains to fine tune center image alignment

Final re-check of tonality after all other adjustments have been made

The last 75% of the tuning is all done by ear.

Anyone who tells you that it can be done with an RTA is dead wrong.

You are welcome to be there while I do the work or drop the car off.

I currently tune for over 10 competitors in the area.

My cars and the cars of my customers have a long history of wins in SLAP, IASCA and MECA.

I am familiar with IASCA and MECA rule formats.

You can reach me at (909) 816-2640 or by email at twoodworth@ca.rr.com

My name is Todd.

I am a tuner, not an installer.

People bring me their finished cars and I make them sound good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I mainly work on high-end installs for competitors and audiophiles.

I help out a few local shops with cars after they finish the installation portion, as well.

The only installs I do are my own.

This is the project I am working on now:

1957 Ford Fairlane Club Victoria SQ Build Log

Cool. I have no clue how much your services would be. Of course it will vary depending on vehicle and equipment, possibly other factors. But once I get my system complete, I'll be taking that trip to Corona to get my system tuned. Do you have any build logs with vids or pics anywhere? I'd like to see what goes into this advanced tuning process.

I'll be taking my system to you once it's complete. Do you have the PS8 installed yet? 1st impressions? The processor is the last bit I need for my install and I was debating between the PS8 and 6to8.

"Do you have any build logs with vids or pics anywhere? " : 1957 Ford Fairlane - Dynaudio Esotar speakers / Tru amps /Arc processor - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

That is my current build log.

"I have no clue how much your services would be." : The most basic systems take 2-4 hours to tune. Some hardcore competition cars have 10-20 hours into them. I had over 100 hours into my tune on my last car. So it can vary a lot. Call me and I can give you a better idea of what it would take.

I have ALOT of references.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.