Sound Deadner

Wish someone had some real experience with them
I can't think of any names to save my life, but I know several people on the forums have had good results with this stuff. The aluminum layer is thicker than most other deadeners

I can't think of any names to save my life, but I know several people on the forums have had good results with this stuff. The aluminum layer is thicker than most other deadeners
OK thanks for the input. Its between the american bass and murder mat

Looking for Sound deadner looking for 30-50 sq ft. Let me know shipped price to 44212
We can get ya hooked up with some Second Skin deadener. It won't be the cheapest but its the best quality out of the brands listed so far. Look up reviews, people really don't have anything bad to say about it. I'll pm you with some prices.

Wish someone had some real experience with them
I ordered the 40 square feet 80 mill awhile back, did one inside layer of my trunk lid then filled it with foam and then did the outside layer of the lid and one layer to the rest of the trunk. I also deadened my rear deck and doors with it also following keep_hope_alive's guide. Needless to say, its the cheapest deadener deal out there. It might be mediocre compared to The thicker brands but no one can prove that yet unless they order one of those expensive tests. To me though, it made my resonant frequency drop a few hertz in the trunk and a lot less cancellation in the doors. I'm pretty sure the foam helped with the trunk lid rattles more than anything if you got some fire power in the trunk. I only needed 1 layer to see drastic improvements, especially in the side trunk panels that sounded like metal landmine explosions before and my rear deck stopped rattling due to some precise strategic coverage, effing hate how sometimes the littlest of sh~t can cause the loudest rattles.

Originally i was going to go with murdermat or knukonceptz but seriously, the AT 80 mill is enough for any daily SQL, not really worth the extra 60-100 bucks because shipping is free with AT and shipping cost of knu or murdermat is a B*TCH for some people.

Products have seen irl and are comparing the AT to are Hushmat, Dynamat extreme, fatmat and Stinger's roadkill and the audiotechnix 80 mill was as thick (both aluminum content and adhesive content) as the roadkill and worked better than all those other brands for deadening. The roadkill did slightly better but not by far. The adhesive is better than dynamat, fatmat. All summer, no drips or smells or anything else.

Remember OP to take a lot of the things that are recommended on here with a grain of salt as there are a lot of people that will recommend products that they are trying to push. I have the AT and it does the job more than well enough unless you are looking for SQ competition level resonance control. The other deadeners aren't really worth the extra cost especially once you factor in shipping

Remember OP to take a lot of the things that are recommended on here with a grain of salt as there are a lot of people that will recommend products that they are trying to push. I have the AT and it does the job more than well enough unless you are looking for SQ competition level resonance control. The other deadeners aren't really worth the extra cost especially once you factor in shipping
I do but more than one person said they needed another layer with the AT stuff

I got yhe 80 mil AT and I could tell a difference I do plan on getting mlv for the doors I got it for yhe floors already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.