Sorry, but what does "Going Active" mean?

Participant count
  • Participant list
instead of using a predetermined crossover point and slope that might not work well to match your vehicle acoustics along with not having the ability to adjust the midrange and tweeter levels nor time align each independently aka passive crossovers, the ones you see in component sets. You use a DSP or Active capable head unit so you can perfectly match your vehicle acoustics, put more power to your mids and tweeters, Achieve a proper soundstage now that you can time align each mid and tweeter individually and overall achieve a much better blend between mids and tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Looking for an inexpensive double din head unit that has the following: Front/Rear/Sub outputs XM Ready Just want some ideas
Only problem with the old model I series is they recommend a much bigger box than the current I series. I actually have a pair bnib deciding what...
Ill also add that, its nice to have rear fill for passengers and for that surround sound affect, especially for an SUV or a 4 dr vehicle. If the...
Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...

About this thread

Cpita

Cpita
Midland, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Cpita