Sony XR-F5100 w/ XM Roady XT?

Participant count
  • Participant list

andare

Hey everyone, I have a stupid question. I am upgrading my factory system w/ a Sony XR-F5100 head unit(speakers, etc.), my problem is that I want to use it with the XM Roady XT tuner. The XT kit uses a cassette adapter that has a wire that must stick out of the cassette deck. The XR unit has a fold down face that needs to be closed(yes, with the wire sticking out.) I have not tried it out yet, but, should'nt the XR function w/out the unit closed as long as auto-play is enabled(of course I would be missing out on the controls.)

*I am aware of the adapters that are available, but I would kind of like to stick with the cassette adapter, as I found that sound quality to be best(either that or I am poor.)

Thanks!

The Roady Xt probably has a built in fm transmitter. If so, I would probably just do that unless that tape deck has an aux in(which I don't think it does).

The Roady XT does have a built in FM Transmitter. In fact it has the strongest wireless transmitter of any satellite radio unit out right now.

Option 1: Use the wireless transmitter. Basically it broadcasts a small signal inside your vehicle, and tunes in through a blank radio station on your HU. Such as 88.1 FM. It's under "menu" on the unit itself.

Option 2: Pick up a hardwire kit from Circuit City. They're around $28-$30...and they provide a hardwire for the power...as well as the FM transmitter, going inline with your antenna lead in the back of the HU. Therefore the unit still tunes in through the radio, such as 88.1FM, but it is hardwired...no wireless transmission. Sometimes, the wireless transmission is susceptible to interference.

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.