Sony vs. Pioneer

smokeoff
10+ year member

here's my 3 cents
Cambria,WI
my friend works at wal-mart and is looking for some new 6 1/2s for his car and came to me for advice, but I have very little experince with either brand. Which would he be better off with. Don't bother suggesting other brands I already tryed and he said he doesn't know if his car will last much longer and is just going to get some speakers from wal-mart.

I know they are both a pile of crap, but he can get a 10% decount on some already cheap speakers and he is stuck on that decision.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

How much is he looking to spend on speakers? Pioneer is the better brand in every car audio product the two make, but if he's going to only buy extremely low end Pioneer.. there is a chance his car may have better stock speakers. What does he drive?

'89 ford tempo that he bought for $200 and had to put a new muffler on. He is looking at the middle of the road pioneers like what crutchfield sells, 3-ways with the darker blue cones. He already has a pioneer HU that he got for like $100. I think it is the one that crutch sells for 130.

Thanx.

Had to go with the description, didn't have the product numbers in frint of me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Uh... Pioneer definately... but JMacs comment on buying stuff from Walmart...

I'm not trying to put you down or flame you or anything. I know Walmart has always been the place to go and buy the cheapest quality stuff for the cheap prices. But recently they have been carrying some really good quality stuff. I've used them for all my wiring needs and ect. And the speakers and stuff that they sell are the same you'd get at BB or CC or even a mail order or anything. Just because Walmart is selling them doesnt mean they open the boxes and downgrade the speakers before they hit the shelf. They are still as good as they would be if you got them anywhere else. You cant go by the seller... you have to go by the product and company. :-D

Wal mart will only carry low end stuff, nothing that will appeal to MOST of the ppl on this forum, Pioneer would be the right choice. No one said that you couldn't buy the same things at Walmart then say a Circuit City, blah, blah, blah but you friend is still looking to get some low end product, why would he waste his money when he could shop around and get better speakers than he is about to get for the same amount of money????? Boggles the mind.....

I heard pioneer ****** really bad especially the

2 12" pioneer TS-304c subwoofers

pioneer gm-x962 wired 4 ohms stereo

pioneer hu DEH-2300

pioneer speakers 6.5 door speakers running off the deck

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.