Sony AMPS....Good?

Miller
10+ year member

$
Im thinking about getting a sony XM1600GXD (Mono...400W RMS...1200WPeak) and running 2 12" Alpine Type-R subs off of them. Ive heard both bad and good stuff about Sony ams and i was wondering if you think this other sony amps are good. Also do you think this amp is fit for the two 1000W peak each Type-R subs?

sony suxxors !!!

I had one sony amp and still have two xplod rear speakers, they both **** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The xplods do well on HP but on normal u'll fry them in no time. The sony amp wasnt so bad to be honest, a bit overrated and due to trimode (manual described maximum safe usage with trimode) the sub has died

If you ask me then let it explode without you and step over to JBL or pioneer (examples in the same range)

run the type r's on teh JBL 1200.1 like 250 online..

or if you are really tight on cash, teh 600.1 also from JBL, around 2 bills, will LAST and put out hteir full wattages, have heard setups with those runnign those watts, adn tehy soudned great...

sony does good must say i like it better than the new rf s series punch stuff lol and we only had 1 out of 47 class d's go bad and we know he was macking on it

I have the class d sony and it has alot of power so if people say sony amps **** they don't know ****.I will admit Sony might not be tha best but for tha money they hold there own.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Only buy Sony if its your last choice for amps. They do have one of the baddest decks I ever seen though it had a forest running through the whole face, bad ass. Don't buy the amps though.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

umm no in my opinion sony is junk. i would never buy them again. as soon as i i recieved it i tried it out and sent it back. JUNK JUNK JUNK

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.