Something i noticed today.. Is this normal or did i get lucky lol?

Hello everyone,

Im Jason.. Im new to this forum but not new to the audio world.. Ive been into car audio ever since i was a young kid.. I recently started collecting a lot of old school audio stuff like the old school rockford fosgate, dr. crankenstein and old school US amp stuff.. Ive also had a old school rockford fosgate power 50m amp and a link for another amp for a long time now so i decided to get another old school rockford fosgate power amp to match my power 50m.. Long story short i ended up buying a old school power 250m on ebay that was the same color to match it so i could link them together.. I got the power 250m i bought on ebay today.. It has the power 250m end caps and it has the power 250m backplate on the back of the amp.. I decided to take the backplate off so i could have a look at the internals of the amp and what i found surprised me..

When i took the backplate off of the amp i found that the board was indeed stamped "punch 500m".

Needless to say i was like happy but confused as well.. A little bit of research online has shown me that some people say the power 250m is the same amp as the punch 500m but that just seems odd to me.. So im wondering, Did i just get lucky to get a punch 500m in a power 250m shell instead of a power 250m or is it really true that a power 250m is the same as a punch 500m? Any input would be appreciated..

Thanks

Jason

welcome to the forum bro...

old school amps are def great, and it sounds like you've got a nice collection started so far.

the rf 250m and 500m shared the same board, if memory serves me correctly

Kinda off topic but I have a oldschool punch power 250 & it's a hoss, rated @ over 700w @ 14 v & underrated, need to get it fixed, says nothing about punch 500 on the board though..

100_3840.jpg
[/img]
100_3844.jpg
[/img]

does say "Diablo" though, which is coo. Just thought I'd share, LOL

Kinda off topic but I have a oldschool punch power 250 & it's a hoss, rated @ over 700w @ 14 v & underrated, need to get it fixed, says nothing about punch 500 on the board though..
100_3840.jpg
[/img]
100_3844.jpg
[/img]

does say "Diablo" though, which is coo. Just thought I'd share, LOL

The board of this amp does look very similar to the board on the amp im discussing but its not the same style of amp.. I believe mine is the older style dsm power 250m amp.. I have an old school rockford fosgate power 1100a2 thats this style though. Great amp.. Does anyone else have any info to share on what i found?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.