Some up coming public reviews that we will be doing.....

dont get me wrong i like cadence. 2 issues i see firsthand the 1st sub the mounting screw holes look way too close to the speaker so easily have air leaks.
2nd the terminals hanging outside the basket off a piece of sheetmetal is a bad design.

the 2nd sub terminal/direct wire looks cheesy.

cadence needs to clean up these issues...
That is exactly what I thought at first look too... As the saying goes you dont get a second chance at first impressions...

That is exactly what I thought at first look too... As the saying goes you dont get a second chance at first impressions...
While I did notice the same things, I don't see it being a deal breaker honestly.

We did do some general listening tests with the S2w12. We had a clamped 513 watts on it in a basic 12 x 12 room setup up as a home theater application.

Over all I was please with the output and sound. It had no issues with playing low what so ever and it sounded pretty good doing it. The real tests will come hopefully over the weekend when we have more time.

We have yet to work with the S1w10 or the AlphaDamp, but both are coming very very soon.

I just dislike how the terminals on the S1 are pushed so far out, it even appears that they are wider than the inside diameter of the basket! That is a big deal breaker for me because it would be overly difficult to cut the diameter big enough to accommodate the terminals while still sealing with the screw holes and basket inside diameter. The only way around it would be to cut little divots for the terminals to slide through, which still won't totally eliminate the issue!

However, the S2 doesn't look too bad. Love the cone, and the inclusion of direct leads and push terminals. Wish the zipties were cut a little closer, would suit my OCD a little better haha.

Yea, I have not done much with the S1w10 yet. I will be doing some measuring later on when I have more free time and see how it all works out. I didn't they were that far out in person, perhaps it is a bad angle on the pic or something. Regardless we will get it figured out.

you wont have to cut the box to fit the terminals but you will have to tilt the sub to allow one side in before the other i am guessing. db drive did the same thing with the first run of the speed series it ******...

Well that's why they made the front look good, because their target market isn't likely to run them inverted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Exactly my point. Why would a manufacturer waste money tooling up components for a boot cover when it will only be seen when the sub is being installed or removed?

Sorry guys, been very busy and been trying to get all the data in writing. Amber has been helping, but we are still a bit behind on reviews. Look for some detailed info in the next week or so. I do want to publicly thank Ant for stepping up and sending some product for testing. I can say that over all it has been some great product.

that s1w10 is ugly as ****
As with anything you can please everyone.

All though I do wish it came with a rubber gasket to use for installing it if you don't want to use the bronze/orange color trim ring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.