some one help me, blowing 100 amp fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

vosschs
5,000+ posts

Banned
ok i dont know wtf happend.. i put a new premier cd player and a brahma in.. same amp.... sub SHOULD be wired at 2 or 4 ohms. eitehr way its still 1000 wrms....... im blowing the fuse under my hood when i turn it up loud. on my rubicon i turned down the voltage thing..... wtF?> they never blew with my type R

if the high current light goes on, it has to do with your sub's wiring, how is it wired? at 2 or 4 ohms? how low can your amp handle in ohms? what is your amp and sub?
now its at either 2 ohms... amp runs 1000 wrms at 4 and 2 ohms... its not 1 ohm stable.... and its not wired a 1 ohm........ hmm and i have the settings on the amp the same and the dam clip light is going on.... wtf....!weerrrr

gains all the way down on the amp.... theres a dam volt thing on the amp... when i turn that up it pounds... but doesnt make the light go on till late.r.. .and i dunno what coil config it is... seth350 never said!

what are your subs?? dual 2ohm, or dual 4ohm? if they are dual 2 ohm, you'll have to wire them in series to get a 4ohm load. if they are dual 4ohm, you'll have to wire them in parralelle to get a 2ohm load. series is one of the - to one of the + on the sub, then the other - & + to the amp. parralelle is the 2 - together then to the amp, then the 2 + together then to the amp. if your not sure, check with DMM. Also that voltage thing your talking about, that is your gain, you need to set it to the same voltage as your Headunits preout voltage. you said you put in a new premier headunit, those headunits are usually high voltage preouts, i think always 4volts or more, so that might have been your problem also.

ya i know how to wire them.... it was 2 ohms... like i though..... thats how i had it wired.. to 4 ohms.... one neg to the other pos.. then one from each voice coil... neg on one coil and pos on the other to the amp bridged.... its being weird... i blew 2 100 amp fuses... and it worked for about a hour.. there was some kinda not to loud knockin noise.. then now it stopped... i dont think it blew cuz its soft yet.... iirc... its late ill have to look at it tommorow..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_291048449,00.html

how much is your preout voltage on your headunit??? maybe your amp can't handle it. if you have your sub wired correctly and you only changed your HU, i'd say it's your preouts too high, or your gains are set too high. check the preout voltage and set the same voltage on your amp, and if your amp can't handle the voltage from the headunit, that might be your problem. first of all if you got 4 gauge, you can put a 150 amp fuse on that cause with a 1000 watt rms amp, if you have it loud enough, you will draw more than 100 amps. and what were you saying the amp light is still on? and sound isn't coming out?

i was running my subs at 2 ohms and i was blowing that same fuse i switched it over to 4 ohms and that solved the problem make sure the subs are wired just as the manual says and dont mix up the voice coils

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.