sold h/u on ebay, new owner wants refund, says it's broke

amedeuce
10+ year member

:crap:
CA
I sold an alpine cda-7892, perfect condition, perfect working order. I actually was using it right before I took it out and replaced it with my new alpine.

It sat in the original packaging with a new wiring harness in my house until I sold it on ebay for 115 shipped.

Now the person who bought it wants a refund cause circuit city told him it is a bad unit. That is where he took it to be installed.

What could that crappy ass store be doing wrong to have either fried it or installed it wrong. He said that they installed it and there was no sound from speakers. Im in the process of getting specific details from him. Like if the hu came on and there was just no output or what.

And yet, he goes after you first instead of the morons who installed it...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'm surprised CC would do that, they usually don't touch stuff you haven't bought from them with a ten foot pole...just because of situations like this.

sold as is.... **** it.
Very true. I would like to help the guy out, but if he or circuit city damaged it, that is not my problem...

I assured him and I know for a fact it worked perfectly when I sent it...

I feel good about that...

I will not be refunding money cause of someone elses Negligence

If all else fails, BUYER BEWARE.

Hold on now, I am not taking any sides. Did you test the speaker wires??? because the rca can works,but the speaker wont because that amp in the deck might be blown.
Yes.

The amp in the deck is not blown.

Hold on now, I am not taking any sides. Did you test the speaker wires??? because the rca can works,but the speaker wont because that amp in the deck might be blown.
And if it is now, Who's to say who did it? I'm supposed to refund cause he took it to CC to install, or he says he took it there. Maybe HE fried it and took it there to cover his ass. Or they fried it and just told him it doesn't work cause it used and they didnt sell it to him so what do they care... SO in the end I'm the big loser... Nope not happening.

the guy could have an internal amp in his car and they didnt plug up the amp cable seeing that i got one thing installed there and they said my thing was bad too until i went inside and told them to hook up the amp *blue to the cd player and showed him the internal amp. all they said was OH

you never know he can be fooling YOU. can you link us the auction?

usually, he cant do anything about it because its ebay and its a warning that its been used.

im thinking: this guy is cheap, he buys a used head unit thru the net and claims it dont work. maybe he thinks he can get a full refund and keep the fcuked up deck.

i say fcuk him, you knew it worked 100% and even used it before u uninstalled it. only downfall is him leaving you negative feedback. btw, circuit city installers dont know there ish too well IMO. i know a buddy who works there that claims caps prevent strain on electrical system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

maybe its personal expierence, but im in cali and all circuit citys i been too arent "pros"

you never know he can be fooling YOU. can you link us the auction?
usually, he cant do anything about it because its ebay and its a warning that its been used.

im thinking: this guy is cheap, he buys a used head unit thru the net and claims it dont work. maybe he thinks he can get a full refund and keep the fcuked up deck.

i say fcuk him, you knew it worked 100% and even used it before u uninstalled it. only downfall is him leaving you negative feedback. btw, circuit city installers dont know there ish too well IMO. i know a buddy who works there that claims caps prevent strain on electrical system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

maybe its personal expierence, but im in cali and all circuit citys i been too arent "pros"
He already left positive feedback that can't be changed. I'll post a link in a minute....

Now when I bought my new alpline, it just plugged into my exsiting harness and the one that was sent with the new one is exactly the same as the old one, so I just gave him the new one. I dont think that would have anything to do with it would it?

very good condition might i say... yeah he is trying to rip u.
Yea, I took very good care of it and it worked perfectly when I had it, that's what has got me pissed cause I know he got a great hu at a great price and now he doesn't want it cause someone broke it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.