Solara... Lara...Craft...

Yaro
10+ year member

So... let's start.

I have Toyota Solara 1999 SLE.

Stock sound in very good quality, i can turn full volume and sound is perfect...but i want more...

i buy much staff for car audio in 6 month.

HU: Pioneer avic-f90bt.

Front: Pioneer TS-C720PRS.

Sub: Jl audio 12w6.

Amps: jl audio e1400, power acoustics pv520, sony mono (1200x1), sony(1000x1).

capasitor, a lot wire, power 0 and 4 gauge, rocford forsgate rca and speaker wire (12 gauge) and 40sqr.f fatman.

I make a box the same size what jl audio advice +-5%.

I didn't receive front speakers yet, but.... i put almost everythings in car.

After couple days i already hate it... sub need more tune... and i think buy another amp for it.

About f90bt... it very slow... and in first day i alredy want throw out it... and gps... just crap... it's like you use old computer... and ground rca... Pioneer need make a button ctrl+alt+del.) and need deadener moreeee...

So i have a two choice:

1. sell everythings, but buy better amp for sub and just go with stock system+sub.

2. sell amps...HU... buy something from alpine for HU. some another amp for speakers maybe alpine pdx1.150 or pdx1.100. buy jl 500/1 for sub.

if go second choice.. what HU from alpine choice??? 9887???

I need staff like in home theatre you can listening cd and mp3 decode in dolby pro logic II, i want staff in car or sound quility like that.

Sorry maybe offtop, but what different between processor imprint and pxa-701 and what better?

Just little:rolleyes://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif after i buy f90bt.. what buy another...

And i don't want go active front..just passive.

It's build log and tomorrow i put picture.

F90bt has version 2.0... and i already buy fatman..(((

p.s. i'm new in usa and just start learning english.. just sorry.

So building...

Build box for sub i take mdf 3/4" the same size from jl audio site +-5% and front side 48" for place sub, amps and cap. Then put carpet around. I made cover for everything but i doesn't use it. Power wire 0gauge going through passenger side to capasitor. From capasitor going 4" wire to amps. Also connect white neon tubes. HU very difficult find vss and reverse cable on my ecu. To connect them and harness wire i used tap. And ground... Ground RCA cables. Rca and speakers wires going through driver side. First time when i drive car i hear very big engine noise from speakers.. Again grounding rca... more better now.

just pics from trunk.

th_IMGP7679.jpg

th_IMGP7680.jpg

No pictures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Fail.

I really want to help, but i cant understand half the stuff you are trying to say.

1) the F90BT needs some tweaking, but once you get through all that its an awesome unit. I love mine

2) lack of sub output can be (in this case) your box. Is it ported or sealed? did you take the time to seal all the joints of the box? It needs to be airtight.

Jesus, you people couldn't read where he clearly stated he is new the USA?

Bout' the only thing I understood though, lol!

Fatmat is fine if on a budget. I have over 80sqft in my car and has suited me just fine for well over a year now.

1) Why f90bt bad??? very slow... After turn on ACC HU music from cd or ipod start play after 40 second and can use gps after 2 minutes...but when i tried get route...every press button and i need wait 5 second... and after week engine noise increase..

About sound. Little bit tweaking EQ and sound play much more better.

I need HU that can play more faster after turn on acc and i hate when HU so slow. It's like you using old laptop with windows vista.

So i ordered alpine 9887... and f90bt i'm selling now.

2) Yes, i need change box. making new box size: 18" wide, 14" high, 14" deep. Last sub what i'm used it's was sony xplod 15" (5 corner) and sound was very very louder and deeper.

Trunk area and rear deck need deadening in solara...

p.s. i'm living in Lynnwood, wa

Thanks: Supergumby5000 and terra.1) Why f90bt bad??? very slow... After turn on ACC HU music from cd or ipod start play after 40 second and can use gps after 2 minutes...but when i tried get route...every press button and i need wait 5 second... and after week engine noise increase..

About sound. Little bit tweaking EQ and sound play much more better.

I need HU that can play more faster after turn on acc and i hate when HU so slow. It's like you using old laptop with windows vista.

So i ordered alpine 9887... and f90bt i'm selling now.

2) Yes, i need change box. making new box size: 18" wide, 14" high, 14" deep. Last sub what i'm used it's was sony xplod 15" (5 corner) and sound was very very louder and deeper.

Trunk area and rear deck need deadening in solara...

p.s. i'm living in Lynnwood, wa
You said you like theater sound quality. Why dont you just do your whole system in alpine, http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/ , They have every thing. And as for your sony explode.... Alpine subs would be a 1000 times better sounding. Stop making that box and go get an alpine sub. Trust me, Alpine has everything your looking for.

Ok, what actually different i hear between jl and sony: sony 15" has low frequency jl 12". I always like listening track Usher - Yeah on my sony 15" and now on jl 12w6 i hear in the same place low bass just cut.

Jl specs for the 12w6v2 are pretty off

Sell those sony garabage POS amps and the useless capacitor

Build a 2.25 cube boc tuned to 27-32 Hz with 30-35 Sq in of port area for the 12w6v2

It will sound amazing off 500-750 RMS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Yaro

10+ year member
Yaro
Seattle, wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from