so

Participant count
  • Participant list

THUNDERBIRD
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LANSING, MI
so i was ****ing around last night on ebay and won a 561t which is a remote start addon. can wait to get that bad boy and install it, myself, i am not paying to have it installed. how hard should it besince i already have a python 460hp alarm, i know i will have it run off of the 3 channel which is the aux/unlock combo, since the aux is for my trunk. how many relays should i need if any?

You may need 2 relays; you'll have to interrupt the ignition input to the alarm and also the shock sensor wire, or the alarm will be set off when you remote start. However, check the install manual for your Python alarm. I've seen some Directed alarms that have a feature where if you use the aux then ground a certain wire, it will ignore all zones except doors until the ground is removed from the wire. If so, you can hook it up pretty easily by using the remote start's "status" output to ground the wire.

well i just got the unit in the mail today and i am not gonna lie it is intimidating the the point of, i am thinking about paying to have it installed kuz i dont watn to mess up my starting system, but i am sure when i let my 2 buddies read the instructions they will reassure me that we should be able to do it.

sence you have a ford.

1: goodl luck with the door locks.. hehe you may have 5 wire

( keyless models are - switch)

2: your trunk hatch release wire is + switching. depending on your alarm you aux wire is probably a - pulsed. so yes you will need a relay to switch poliarty.

3: asumming you dont have wire info on your car ( i have it) i would get it installed at a shop. any problems they warrenty the work.

just be pepared to pay more for the install. sence its not their alarm they sell.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well i know when we installed my alarm we used the 2 wire door hook up harness so so i have that taken care of i think my trunk was + so we had to use a relay. and i have a cd with all car wiring info for alarms, stereos, and yada yada. i dont think it should be that hard kuz most of the wires i already have tapped into. now for the hood pin how do i do that do i have to install one or is there one i can tapp into?

sence you have a ford.
1: goodl luck with the door locks.. hehe you may have 5 wire

( keyless models are - switch)

2: your trunk hatch release wire is + switching. depending on your alarm you aux wire is probably a - pulsed. so yes you will need a relay to switch poliarty.

3: asumming you dont have wire info on your car ( i have it) i would get it installed at a shop. any problems they warrenty the work.

just be pepared to pay more for the install. sence its not their alarm they sell.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
x2 i did my first alarm w/ remote start on my explorer and that door trigger was a pain

umm my car did have factory keyless and i have the key pad too which i can use now kuz it sets my alarm off kuz of the dome light, all i know is that i didnt have to use that special relay pack that dei sends with the alarm for the doors, we used it and it wasnt working right so we just used the one that was 2 wires i believe blue and green.

umm my car did have factory keyless and i have the key pad too which i can use now kuz it sets my alarm off kuz of the dome light, all i know is that i didnt have to use that special relay pack that dei sends with the alarm for the doors, we used it and it wasnt working right so we just used the one that was 2 wires i believe blue and green.
yeah. keyless models are a simple negitive pulse. for lock and unlock

non keyless models are 5 wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

THUNDERBIRD

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
THUNDERBIRD
LANSING, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date