So who is the amp wiz/fixer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jar1zx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got a crossfire vr1000d that powers on and goes into protect. Not a great wish to fix.

Have a precision power 450 4 channel that rca inputs are goofy on rear channel and I've lost power hookup.

This is a great amp on mid/highs and I like to get fixed.

I've ran this amp on more than 1 build with only using front channels.

Or maybe if someone has a power class ppi amp same gen 4 channel that I could trade them out of?

Ive heard some use amp meds I believe.I generally repair my own or if too complicated and time consuming I have a local guy I use.May look in your area for a local electronics repair shop and save on shipping.Zed audio repairs amps also.You may consider as well

That CrossFire it worth getting repaired. Its a great amp.You may be able to find another 4 ch cheaper than the repair of that PPI, unless you are dead serious on getting it repaired and keeping it and using it.

One of the rca inputs is lose. I tried to re solder but I didn't get it.

Since my 1st ppi back in 97 or 98 it has been the amp of choice for me on mids and highs.

Last time I did a system I tried many amps and went back to the ppi.

I hear D class amps have made great improvements on being able to play the high side of music.

The old school a/b class amps used to be hard to beat. The 450 is like 110 decibel signal to noise ratio. Damping 500. Very low thd.

I'm almost ready for my build but I haven't made up my mind on the amp for mids and I'm kinda tapped out on cash so I don't want to buy a bunch of amps to test out. I'm really picky on my mids/highs.

I'm going to be running more front stage than last few times and the 2 good channels on my ppi will not be enough.

I using sound mat this time on cab of truck, I've done the doors and the improvements are really nice. Had. Cheap set of 6.5's on hu and they used to hurt my ears but now they sound ok.

I'm thinking it will not be as hard to get a nice sounding front stage now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.