So what can I do with this car

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Got a 2017 Mazda 6 grand touring for a great price. Has the bose system. I want to add a sub and amp, thinking a single quality 15 like fi q on about 1krms. Anyways what's the best way to go about this? Someone told me new cars are using a DSP now but those are like $700. Is there any other way?? Won't a LOC sound like ****? Would it even be worth having such a nice sub with a loc?

Got a 2017 Mazda 6 grand touring for a great price. Has the bose system. I want to add a sub and amp, thinking a single quality 15 like fi q on about 1krms. Anyways what's the best way to go about this? Someone told me new cars are using a DSP now but those are like $700. Is there any other way?? Won't a LOC sound like ****? Would it even be worth having such a nice sub with a loc?
So I kind of answered my own question and decdied I need to get a DSP instead of a LOC. If I get the Rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 how exactly does it work? Like does it take the place of the factory amp that's currently running all the bose speakers? So I had would need an aftermarket amp for the speakers in the doors as well? Or can I still use the factory amp for the door speakers and then just add a single amp for my sub? Because I would like to keep the factory amp and speakers at least for awhile.

My srx has the bose system, and I used an loc to add my ia20.1, and hst12, and I have not had one issue with it whatsoever. Actually blends very well with the oem system, if I must say so myself.

My srx has the bose system, and I used an loc to add my ia20.1, and hst12, and I have not had one issue with it whatsoever. Actually blends very well with the oem system, if I must say so myself.
What LOC did you use? Would the DSP be worth the extra money? I'm seeing a few used and couple refurbished Rockford 3sixty.3 on eBay/amazon for $350.

The shop that did the install picked it, it is not just the basic loc, but nor is it on par with audio control, but it does provide a 4 volt signal for my amp. If I recall correctly it was made by PAC.

The shop that did the install picked it, it is not just the basic loc, but nor is it on par with audio control, but it does provide a 4 volt signal for my amp. If I recall correctly it was made by PAC.
Pac-1?
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

So I kind of answered my own question and decdied I need to get a DSP instead of a LOC. If I get the Rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 how exactly does it work? Like does it take the place of the factory amp that's currently running all the bose speakers? So I had would need an aftermarket amp for the speakers in the doors as well? Or can I still use the factory amp for the door speakers and then just add a single amp for my sub? Because I would like to keep the factory amp and speakers at least for awhile.
you want something that will give you a full range signal so you can add additional speakers. something with OE integration. if you are on a budget the rockford DSP1 is a cheap option but don't look forward to an highend dac or anything like that. that's around 250.

next would be something like JL fix. which has a decent DAC and will give you a flat FR and a set of RCA outputs, They don't FORCE you to spend 750 for OEM and a processor you may or may not need. you could go directly to and line driver and have 3 way outputs or just simply get splitters and do a splitter to a 4 channel and a sub amp while still having 2 volt outputs(plenty)

another good option for something really basic is the audison bit 10. its a OEM like the fix but adds the processing of a decent DSP.

next up would be like what i decided to do. good head unit and use it to run active untill you can afford a good DSP. and chances are you wont need one..

the JVC kw-m730bt and jvc kw-v839 have budget 32bit DACs even thought they are budget DACs they are still better than the 24 bit DACs in other units. they are 399 and 469. they would sound dramatically better than most DSPs like the JL fix. as the DACs are taking a raw Flac encoding and converting it to better than records analog signal! this is without processing that adds noise and latency etc etc...

i have slac 24bit/196 files that sound like the room breaths and you can hear the air of the artists breath! its fantastic..

you want something that will give you a full range signal so you can add additional speakers. something with OE integration. if you are on a budget the rockford DSP1 is a cheap option but don't look forward to an highend dac or anything like that. that's around 250.
next would be something like JL fix. which has a decent DAC and will give you a flat FR and a set of RCA outputs, They don't FORCE you to spend 750 for OEM and a processor you may or may not need. you could go directly to and line driver and have 3 way outputs or just simply get splitters and do a splitter to a 4 channel and a sub amp while still having 2 volt outputs(plenty)

another good option for something really basic is the audison bit 10. its a OEM like the fix but adds the processing of a decent DSP.

next up would be like what i decided to do. good head unit and use it to run active untill you can afford a good DSP. and chances are you wont need one..

the JVC kw-m730bt and jvc kw-v839 have budget 32bit DACs even thought they are budget DACs they are still better than the 24 bit DACs in other units. they are 399 and 469. they would sound dramatically better than most DSPs like the JL fix. as the DACs are taking a raw Flac encoding and converting it to better than records analog signal! this is without processing that adds noise and latency etc etc...

i have slac 24bit/196 files that sound like the room breaths and you can hear the air of the artists breath! its fantastic..
I'm fairly knowledgeable with car audio but not so much with these DSP and loc. Can you recommend one for me? I simply want to add a sub and amp for the time being and sometime down the road possibly another amp for better speakers in the doors. I just want something will work and sound as good as a normal setup with a aftermarket HU like I used to have in my old car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.