so can i use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoccaCrazy24
10+ year member

I have the same thread posted in gen discussion, but realized it won't get answered there...

my situation is - My subwoofer mono output from the H/U is not working for some reason who knows.. and i'm using an amp to control my 2 front speakers, rears are connected straight to H/U.... so can i use the preF(R/L) outs and it still work with the RCAs to the amp?

heres a picture of what i got, take note my subwoofer mono seems not to work with my "Y" cable and RCAs (Tested RCAs, they are ok...)

or will I just have to use my (R/L) RCA outputs? because if so I will have to find some way of controlling the volume (would be very annoying)...

myHU.jpg

I had this problem in the past, im sure that I bought a wachamacall it:((sorry forgot the name of it), anyways its a small device that you will connect to your speakers basically you will have to connect this device to your right and left speakers could be front or rear, from their it will allow you to connect the rca's for you amp(they cost like 10 bucks

my situation is - My subwoofer mono output from the H/U is not working for some reason who knows.. and i'm using an amp to control my 2 front speakers, rears are connected straight to H/U.... so can i use the preF(R/L) outs and it still work with the RCAs to the amp?
can you write this in english please? then i may be able to help.

EDIT: and are you just assuming the sub out doesnt work because it didnt work right off the bat, or have you done testing to make sure its actually broken and not installer error?

well i've done testing to see if its the RCAs and those are ok, those work fine.... it has nothing to do with the amp and speakers (includes wiring) because i tested my zune with RCAs to the amp and it worked just fine... i tried some set up configuration on my H/U and nothing worked when i was using the mono subwoofer output... but.... i just went ahead and used the PRE F (R/L) outputs to connect my RCAs to my amp, and works great... i set my gain to about where it sounds similar to the back speakers.. everything is working great... and the "Y" cable i was using works just fine as well, maybe has something to do with that particular output... and yes i had subwoofer on/off tested in my settings on the H/U...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SoccaCrazy24

10+ year member
SoccaCrazy24
Charlotte, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from