snap and pop even when radio is turned off

leeb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 22, 2021
the stereo in my 2008 Hyundai veracruz snaps and pops even when the radio/audio is off. Any ideas why?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Kind of sounds like a Relay issue/ Time relay issue. Need more information about the radio..
All Stock? Aftermarket.?

Reactions: Buck

leeb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jul 22, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kind of sounds like a Relay issue/ Time relay issue. Need more information about the radio..
All Stock? Aftermarket.?
Mine is stock Hyundai Veracruz Limited stereo with a JBL amp (stock with this model) behind the back seat

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Hard or sudden voltage on a signal wire for the amp turn on can cause speakers to pop.

I’ve had speakers pop when signal cables are broken, in some way. The sudden connection of a dysfunctional or broken wire has caused popping before, for me.

If the car is completely off when this happens, it sounds like a power supply issue, where the vehicle’s amplifiers(s) are being turned on and off or partially on/off in some fashion. I would check the wiring to whateve is causing the popping and like was said above, check the relay and fuses. Anything that has to do with the amp getting power and a turn on signal.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.