snap and pop even when radio is turned off

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hard or sudden voltage on a signal wire for the amp turn on can cause speakers to pop.

I’ve had speakers pop when signal cables are broken, in some way. The sudden connection of a dysfunctional or broken wire has caused popping before, for me.

If the car is completely off when this happens, it sounds like a power supply issue, where the vehicle’s amplifiers(s) are being turned on and off or partially on/off in some fashion. I would check the wiring to whateve is causing the popping and like was said above, check the relay and fuses. Anything that has to do with the amp getting power and a turn on signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Hello! i have too problems with head units, two cars, old mazda 323f ba and now mazda 6 2007r station. Problem is from lossing quality, poor bass...
This will be an interesting issue to find out. Subscribed!! Are you running components? Ive had some caps blow in Passive xovers and a little...
Well, I found a way to "fix" the popping. Ran a separate remote turn on from an acc fuse to turn on only the amps. Still using the LC7i GTO to...
I concur, it is an amp issue. He did exactly what a delay relay would do so I doubt one would help. Now a delay relay on the speakers is another...

About this thread

leeb

CarAudio.com Newbie
leeb
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from