Small box = Small output?

Actually i have cream/tan leather interior so the color of mdf would match quite nicely... Do in car builds just use glue to hold the box together or do they use screws to?

Considering most charge that much for out-of-vehicle builds, I'd say you have very reasonable shops.
I know that's what I'd charge for a project like that...
Thats about what I would charge in-shop also.

Basic 2-12 vehicle specific boxes are ~$190-225, depending on size and if the customer wants recessed 2-tone baffle.

If your box is entirely too small and you dont have space for a proper ported box...go sealed.You will get much better performance out of your subs.

Ported boxes what are too small tend to really lack in the low freqs. So as daily boxes, they can really ****. But, for all out SPL...bigger is not always better.
those subs are terrible in a sealed box, i know---they used to be mine and i tried a sealed box. they are pretty much a spl type sub

I really dont even get any light dimmage because it sounds like the subs are getting max'd out before i can even turn them up to max, thats because of the box right? Id hate to dish out 2 benjamins and it just be that the subs arent really all the loud..

I really dont even get any light dimmage because it sounds like the subs are getting max'd out before i can even turn them up to max, thats because of the box right? Id hate to dish out 2 benjamins and it just be that the subs arent really all the loud..
they are just in the wrong box man trust me....but i'll give you 100 bucks for them if you want to get rid of em

I just wanna try to get a box that is ment for the swiss audio's. If im still not satisfied with them after i get the box or whatnot, and you still have the RE's Ill give you 150 for sure.. but one last thing. Since the box is so small would that really cause my lights not to dim for some odd reason?

I just wanna try to get a box that is ment for the swiss audio's. If im still not satisfied with them after i get the box or whatnot, and you still have the RE's Ill give you 150 for sure.. but one last thing. Since the box is so small would that really cause my lights not to dim for some odd reason?
no

so there might be multiple things going wrong then, Because if im packn around 1500 watts, i should be getting some sort of dimming going on with both my amps going.

my car alt is 105 amps and i have a duralast premium gold battery 900. Im almost to the point where im like forget all this loud shxt and just get something with a lil bass and be done with it.... I have seriously had these subs for over a year and they are yet to be hooked up correctly, it ***** not having a local buddy that knows how to work on car audio shxxt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.