Slight static in speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

PESteele
10+ year member

I wang on an 8 in a van
annapolis
I just got my jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers powered by a kicker zx250.2 in today and it sounds great but there is static that you can hear at the beginnning of songs. It happens with the car on an off and only when a songs playing. HAppens with cd's and aux input but not sure about radio. Only things i can think of that might cause it is i ran the power cable and signal right next to eachother(doubt it) and i had to ground the hu to the cigarette lighter(no metal inside dash). Do you think either of these could have caused this. I would like to get rid of this its kind of annoying. Thanks

I run my RCA's next to my power with zero noise, but some people swear thats the reason for their noise. Try regrounding the HU. Where are your amps grounded?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.