slapmaster's Second Skin Damplifier Pro review, pix and vids inside

Participant count
  • Participant list

slapmaster
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mobile al
at this point, i just got the Damplifier Pro installed and was only able to make a quick vid before i had to go to work. i will add more to my review in the next few days.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

- this product is heavy and has a lot of mass. after i installed it to my trunk lid, i thought i broke my trunk pop switch. lol i could here the trunk trying to pop but it would not fly open like it did before the damplifier pro. now i have to hit the switch then lift the lid by hand. i do not consider this to be a drawback thow. i am just useing this as an example as to how heavy the product is.

- its easy to cut to the shape needed. i used a pocket knife and it worked fine.

- definitely buy the roller to lay this stuff down. i did it by hand and the hole time i did it , i wished i had bought a roller. its not hard or stiff, its that its time consuming to do a panel that has lots of shapes in it by hand. but you will have to use your fingers to make this product lay in the nuks and crannies. this damplifier pro really sticks! the slightest contact with the panel and it's stuck. (i like that) i know this product will not loose it's hold over time.

THE KNOCK TEST

- i did the knock test. i knocked on the trunk lid before and after i installed the damplifier pro. when i did the after knock, i could clearly tell the differece between the before and after. their was no "hollow" sound when i knocked after the damplifier pro was installed. its sounds more like a three inch thick wooden door.

DID THE DAMPLIFIER PRO REDUCE FLEX?

yes, my trunk lid does not fex as much as it did before. althow my trunk lid still flexes, i can notice a difference. i also notice that because of this reduction in flex, my bass sounds and feels a little tighter and harder.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

this much of my review is based on just a few mimutes as i road to work. i will add more to my review in the comming days.

on to the pix and vids, lol, i did not know i sound so country. lol and if i seem like i was in a hurry and a little winded, it's because i was. i had about tweenty minutes to install and about ten minutes left to get to work.

the box

today003.jpg

the sheets

today010.jpg

the lid

today013.jpg

today008.jpg

today011.jpg

today014.jpg

today019.jpg

today022.jpg

Activity