skar vvx 15inch DVC 2ohm

Just got me a skar vvx 15incher DVC 2 ohm sub to replace my dual JBL s3 12inchers SVC, I gotta say the one Skar out performs those jbl s3's! louder bass and way better bass quality! also using the same amp I had powering the jbls a audiopipe 15001d apcl only difference is I have the skar on 4 ohms for know till I have broken it in and I have on moderate power level not cranked up at all so their is a lot of head room left with this skar I bet ill be flexing when I put that skar at 1 ohm!

Just got me a skar vvx 15incher DVC 2 ohm sub to replace my dual JBL s3 12inchers SVC' date=' I gotta say the one Skar out performs those jbl s3's! louder bass and way better bass quality! also using the same amp I had powering the jbls a audiopipe 15001d apcl only difference is I have the skar on 4 ohms for know till I have broken it in and I have on moderate power level not cranked up at all so their is a lot of head room left with this skar I bet ill be flexing when I put that skar at 1 ohm![/quote']cool.. when u do wire to 1 ohm i'm sure it will be louder but make sure gain is low.. don't wanta melt that coil.. there is a method for setting gain close to the max rms power u want so hopefully u don't over power it to much.. i'd say set for 1k =31.6v at 1ohm here's video

would mounting it inverted help with that ' date=' help it cool more easily?[/quote']maybe but best reason to do that is it would give box more air space (if box is small) just make sure surround doesn't hit the sub cut out.. is it a ported box? also on the gain setting method AMP MUST BE ABLE TO DO 1K OR U WILL JUST BE CLIPPING IT.. so what amp and box do u have?

2.6ft3 prefab on a VVX-15?.. Man that's SMALL, those subs in my experience dont do well till 4ft3 net or more... the amp will be enough but your box sux.

Build the correct box for that sub tuned to your tastes and configured for your car and that amp/sub combo will do quite well.

the box is a pre fab it is a bit small in volume its a 2.6 cube and I should have a 4 cube volume also I am using a audiopipe 15001d apcl
yeah thats way small man, u woulda been better off with the 12 in that box..

the ap 1500 does a legit 1260rms @1 ohm so u can set gain as i said anywhere like 30-31.9v or so DON'T USE BASS BOOST ON AMP OR HU (no loudness or preset eq) and don't turn hu past 80% volume (so if hu goes to 35 don't go past 28 and thats where u set the max volts like in video) keep power as clean as u can..

This subwoofer according to the reviews on Amazon seems to be a budget gem. I wonder if it is any good for a SQ sub? I’m reading reviews from people who are comparing it to a JL W6 for whatever that is worth.

the ap 1500 does a legit 1260rms @1 ohm so u can set gain as i said anywhere like 30-31.9v or so DON'T USE BASS BOOST ON AMP OR HU (no loudness or preset eq) and don't turn hu past 80% volume (so if hu goes to 35 don't go past 28 and thats where u set the max volts like in video) keep power as clean as u can..
Coming up huh gramps?

This subwoofer according to the reviews on Amazon seems to be a budget gem. I wonder if it is any good for a SQ sub? I’m reading reviews from people who are comparing it to a JL W6 for whatever that is worth.
they ok sub especially for the $ but not an sq sub.. box has alot to do with sq though, so a nice sq sub can sound worse than yours in a bad box.. the skars from vvx up are modeled after if no straight copy of sundowns, look at ddx basically same as sa but peeps agree sundown is better, probably cheaper coils in skar..

I know I had ordered it from onlinecarstereo.com and they had it advertised at a different volume then it actually is kinda pissed me off but I just said **** it! I'm going to get a different box soon! I just found another ground shaker box at 3.77 cubes so says the actual ground-shaker.com website I then checked the same box on onlinecarstero.com and they have the volume wrong again lol this kinda frustrates me don't know who to trust here and Im no good at charpentry and fabrication! ill keep looking though!

I know I had ordered it from onlinecarstereo.com and they had it advertised at a different volume then it actually is kinda pissed me off but I just said **** it! I'm going to get a different box soon! I just found another ground shaker box at 3.77 cubes so says the actual ground-shaker.com website I then checked the same box on onlinecarstero.com and they have the volume wrong again lol this kinda frustrates me don't know who to trust here and Im no good at charpentry and fabrication! ill keep looking though!
there are no good prefab boxes most are to small all are tuned to high (i've done the math on tons of them).. i found 1 seller makes good boxes (like mine, i'll put pic in avatar) i got it without carpet or terminal designed it way i wanted and had it in 4 days (cause the cut wood with machine, not just saw so faster) but good boxes are not cheap.. i'll see what they have in 15" if i see one looks ok i'll show u link., other than that u should get 1 made if u can find someone to make one shredder is good at designing boxes (and he did like 150db with 2 skar 12's)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TwoFosgate12's

TwoFosgate12's
Lake county , CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date