Skar FSX 10" Pro audio Can they hang with the PWX?

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
I was looking to add some pro audio 10s in my van and came across these

SKAR Audio FSX-10 S4 (fsx10s4) 150W RMS 10" FSX Series 4 Ohm Mid

I KNOW ITS SKAR and skar has a bad rep but I heard their products in person and they don't disappoint.

The FSX 10s are considerably cheaper then the pwx 10s, lower sensitivity but does not need to get fed as much power compared to the 150-300 rms range of the pwx 10. With these skars, I can just run them off my ppi 520 ion instead of buying a new beefy two channel amp.

Still something in the back of my mind feels that 35 bucks put them into boss category. Anyone with experience with these?

I own 2 sets of the 6.5s and I've owned the dd vo mids and the skar mids sound better to me. And don't need as much power to get loud
Thanks for the input! With the skars, were there any peaks in the sound spectrum? Also what crossover points do they like?

To be honest, they're nothing more than an off the shelf speaker with a skar logo pressed on the cap. Going to be similar to any JLD audio speaker (makes Mclaren among others).

I see you have massive components, their Mc10 drivers are great. I personally have the 12's in the rear doors of my work truck and on 100-150w they're incredibly detailed. Depending upon your crossover settings can provide great midbass and smooth sound or get loud and high pitched (like the EV, Beyma)

just looking for powerful lower midrange to midrange loudness+clarity on 100 watts each. Any midbass is a plus but not really a deciding factor since I can just make my enclosure ported. If I get beefier speakers even if they work fine on 100 watts rms, I would still be inclined to upgrade to the proper power. I'm perfectly fine with running off the shelf speakers because my 80 prs cleans up the sound pretty well as long as its not horribly peaky in the upper midrange. Its only 35 dollars compared to the regular 60$ and up drivers and I'm not in a position to blow 250 or more on four 10" pro audios. so budget is 249.99 and under, not a cent more lol

Have not heard the skar, have messed with PWX 6.5's and 8's...meh at best. Not loud and not good sounding.

On your power these would do the job quite well. I have 4 of them in my ride and have installed them in a few others. Very smooth sound and can get very loud with enough power. 155db Caddy I built had 1 10 per door, kept up no problem.

Selenium 10PW3-SLF 10" Driver

Have not heard the skar, have messed with PWX 6.5's and 8's...meh at best. Not loud and not good sounding.
On your power these would do the job quite well. I have 4 of them in my ride and have installed them in a few others. Very smooth sound and can get very loud with enough power. 155db Caddy I built had 1 10 per door, kept up no problem.

Selenium 10PW3-SLF 10" Driver
worried about the 8 ohm and not having enough power going to it.

The difference between 50 and 150 watts on speakers rated to (handle) 150w is very little 4db maybe they don't (need) a lot of power you could run them on 5watts if you wanted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.