Skar audio VVX15 8cft box buildness

VisceralSound
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I decided to give up pretty much my trunk to power a single vvx15 off of a single SK1500.1 (I have not gotten the VVX15 nor the amp due to the woofers being out of stock until the 5th and no monies for the amp yet)

Design © Mobile Enclosures.

3D:
ScreenShot2012-03-01at70915AM.png

Propped up (not all of it glued in at the time, but I DO have it pretty much done in my trunk, just need to wait for the 15" to come so I can finally put the lid on:
399228_10150874005827729_738522728_12783075_113397059_n.jpg

*edit* Heres a photo of it in the car with the lid off, kind of hard to get a overhead view of it inside it and its a little bright:

IMAG0108.jpg

I'll post some videos and more pictures of it with the lid off in the AM since its dark and raining right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks since its in my car now I'll tape off the trunk then spray paint it black and I already painted the face (port end).

For now I just tossed in my Type R 12" ghetto rigged off a crappy RF Punch 300watt just for the sake of listening to what I'm assuming is bottoming out or just airleaks since its not sealed all the way yet. :V

As far as it was going on the crappy 300watt with the gain all the way up almost (Just for shits and giggles since its not my real deal just my donkey) it boogied in the lows I'll show videos once its all done, hopefully I could stop by the local car audioshop if they have a TL or something so I can meter this sh*t

I've got a '99 Monte Carlo similar to the Malibu. How the H E L L you fit an 8 cubic ft. box in the trunk? I had trouble with 4 cubes!
Its in! I'll post a picture tomorrow check back I had to bend 2 points of sheet metal to fit the top on, I'll post pictures of those too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.