skar audio vvx-12 or soundstream tarantula t6?

Skar for sure. They'll take more than that soundstream I'm willing to bet. You can feed the Skars 1k+ all day easy.
Unless somethings changed, the skars don't have the same thermal handling and tolerance to abuse like the sundown SA series has. From what I've heard, 1k is about the limit for them and 800 is ideal.

Unless somethings changed, the skars don't have the same thermal handling and tolerance to abuse like the sundown SA series has. From what I've heard, 1k is about the limit for them and 800 is ideal.
I agree with not being as abuse resistant as the SA series. But I know several people running them right one 1k daily and they pound and have no problems. So yea, maybe not tooo much over 1k all day.

yup i know the skars can handle 1200 wrms daily for sure seen it done jes no knowledge of the soundstream

I kinda like these ...just saying

101_3685.jpg

More than likely the SS driver has a smaller coil -- as it's a 2.5" as well and few run a full 2" length like the VVX coil.

Many companies rate smaller 2.5" coils from 900-1000 RMS -- but I've yet to see one of those other subs take what the VVX (or SA) will in reality thermally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.