Simple questionot about powercells

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatbreaker

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I just needed a quick question answered before I give away a good deal. I am waiting 2 months to do the entire HO Alternator, and HC2400 setup by my dealership. (Still under warranty and only way not to void is to let them do the upgrade for me) In the meantime, I have a brand new HC800 sitting in my hands right now and am wondering if if can just run this together with my current OEM AGM battery to solve my very slight dimming issue. Im running a kicker zx 1500.1 with 2 12" L7's, at 1.5 ohm... with a heavy bass track playing I get a slight but noticeable flicker in my lighting. I did the big 3, and have 1/0 Gauge ground and power running to the amp. Grounds are clean, and all but I figure the factory 120 and put alternator just can't handle the Amp. So and plain my question is can i use this HC800 in essence "like" a capacitor and go directly off the wiring from my fused link to the amp, and a new ground, without damaging or risking damage to anything with my electrical system? Or is this a no no? Never ran into this before, but the HC800 is literally going to cost me nothing out of pocket. Basically a loaner from a friend. Just needing a temp fix for my problem...

Yep, shouldn't be a problem unless I am missing something that you are saying. Just run the second batt in between the front batt and amp. Also, you can ground the 2nd batt and amp separately like you were saying or you can ground the amp to the negative terminal of the 2nd rear batt and then ground the 2nd batt. Eitherway works.

Thanks for the stright forward reply... I appreciate it.... I was expecting a bunch of negative comments and a little harassment, lol... but you gave a direct answer. Thanks bro!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.