Votes: 6 28.6%
  • bought from friend

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • traded friend

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • other

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
I would have to say that myself and most of the people I know sat in someone's car that had a system and fell in love with all the bass. I can't stand to be in someone's car that just has a factory system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Blood, Sweat, Tears- and not necessarily in that order either.

Much the same as PHatillusion, I was introduced into Car Audio by a freind that had a very impressive "All Pioneer" system. Fact is- this guy knew more about automotive accoustics than many I know. Just listening to all sorts of music and actually hearing what I had been missing the whole time made me say enough of this- I need a real stereo!

......and from then on, I have been plauged by this addiction.

My name is Zane, and I have a car audio problem.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

take it easy,

-zane

oh yeah- in regaurds to what the main topic is really asking- most of my gear comes from internet or a local shop. Sometimes- the trip to the shop and the people you run into there mean a lot more than saving a few bucks.

All depends on what I am looking for, and what is available locally.

My name is Todd...I also have a Car Audio problem.

LIke most...I got introduced when my buddy took me to an IASCA contest...I was hooked...I never had heard music like that before. So...lots of money, lots of time, lots of all-nighters, and lots of support from family, friends, and local shops.

I have bought both local and on-line...I never had an on-line guy offer to pay for my gas to get me to a contest, but I had many local guys offer to pay for my gas to get me to finals! I got some great prices on-line, but the support I got from my local guys was great. I guess you need a little of both.

I guess I was lucky. I had a freind of mine GIVE ME (!) a vega series 12', a PUNCH 250 watt type 2 (the older ones), box, and wires for free.

I love my friends.

my name is Kent and i too have a car audio addiction. (figured since i started this i should speak up as well)

anyway, i got started (this time 'roun) by my brother-in-law. he got a good system cheap from a friend and i was re-hooked. only this time around, i'm into a hardcore trip. i want as much knowledge as bass (is that possible?)and a truly nice hitting and sounding system. no throw togethers this time!!! all research,little trial and error, understanding wife (yea right!) and a lot og $$!

next?

well since I didn't tell you all, My name is Paul. I got into car audio after I listened to a friends 12's vibrate the hell out of my nose, either that or it rattled my brain. So I went out bought a Sony HU, Pioneer 6x9's & 5 1/2's, and two Kicker competition 8's, running off a Profile amp. Then about a month later I pulled out in front of someone and totaled my ride, that was the end of my car audio for several years, considering I was broke anyway. But I've always kept tabs, in hope one day I will be able to build my dream system. ( Keep praying that I'll hit the Lotto)

Peace.

My first project was an 1983 Monte Carlo . My cousin owns a car audio store and had given me a set of clarion 6x9's and a clarion head unit when I graduated high school . That started it all . I now have a 1998 Chevy C1500 with Clarion DXZ715 H.U. ,and 4x6 speakers in the rear and 6 1/2 alpine speakers in the front doors . I also added a RF punch 800.2 amp and 2 10" MTX T 6000 subs . I plan on adding an Audio Control Epic 150 and a cap in the future . I dont know about anyone else but put my own system together was really fun and I learned many new things .//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I guess I might as well add my name to the list of car audio addicts. My name is Jim, and I have an addiction. Maybe someone should start a C(ar) A(udio) A(nonymous)?

My current system in my Mustang was actually installed by me in what was my friend's car. Luckily when I purchased the car, the system came with it. For what it is, it sounds pretty good, and is enough to around setting off car alarms and such (when the exhaust note of the modded 5.0 isn't doing the job).

I have too many interests to dump all of my money into the system, but I have plans to add another amp to drive the front speakers and replace the 6" rounds in the doors and drive them too (right now they are disconnected, factory speakers ****). I'd like to stay with the Kicker amps because of the built in crossovers and line outputs, which comes in handy when trying to run 3 amplifiers without a crossover. Should I get another 40.2 and parallel the dash and door speakers (and lose the ability to seperately adjust volume levels) or just pay the cash and get a 25.4?

Kind of a rhetorical question, but if anyone has suggestions... feel free... the planning never ends. I guess it's just part of the addiction......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mrray13

10+ year member
uz some fegbags
mrray13
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies