signal processors

kconrad
10+ year member

I am in the market for a new equalizer. I had the Pioneer DEQ-7600 and it finally stopped working after 10 years. What is a good unit to replace it? I bought the DEQ-9200 and do not like it. Not enough adjustability like the 7600.

Please help. Been out of the car audio realm for awhile so do not know the latest and greatest.

This is one of Pioneers Best EQs ever....

7600002.jpg

I have a Pioneer Head unit. It is 10 years old too. I love it though. It was high end when I bought it. Running all old school Soundstream equipment.

Are you wanting to sell the 760o Louisiana-CRX?

I have a Pioneer Head unit. It is 10 years old too. I love it though. It was high end when I bought it. Running all old school Soundstream equipment.
Are you wanting to sell the 760o Louisiana-CRX?
Reference amps and Exact speakers by chance? If so, Id like to see some pics.

^^This. Would love to see a setup with old soundstream amps. Seriously considering picking up some of the new ones. Reviews on them seem to be scarce however...

^^This. Would love to see a setup with old soundstream amps. Seriously considering picking up some of the new ones. Reviews on them seem to be scarce however...
Here's mine prior to the accident.

P2100259.jpg

P3050126-small.jpg

assem01-4.jpg

My fab skills have always been mediocre, but the equipment made it look better. lol

Why do people mount their amps to the box? Is it just me or do your guys' boxes not vibrate like mad? Personally I don't want my amps shaking like an epileptic.

Why do people mount their amps to the box? Is it just me or do your guys' boxes not vibrate like mad? Personally I don't want my amps shaking like an epileptic.
If the amps are properly decoupled, who cares? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Besides, the same people who say never mount your amps to your box, also tell you to screw it to the floor next to where the box is screwed down. Vibration transfers. But then, velcro is considered an acceptable method of coupling your subwoofer system to your car these days. If the box is secured to the floor properly, vibration differences wont be as much as you might think.

That plus with the box size, I couldn't keep it below the window line and still mount the amps to the walls or floor of the truck. Otherwise I would have. *shrug*

Yes, I have a Reference 1000s powering (2) 10" Exacts and a Reference 614 powering Soundstream Tarantual SST4.0 up front and 5.2 in the rear. I have a set of old Soundstream Exact components that I am going to be putting in soon.

I still need somebody to answer me on what type of processor/equilizer to go with.

unfortunately there aren't many options around these days for an all in one proc and eq that will work with any head unit. The audison bit one and the JBL ms8 are the only two that come to mind. What kind of functions do you want in the proc ta, 3 or 4 way xovers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.