Sick gaming pc, AMD 3500+, 2gb ram, XFX 7900GT, TP2, etc

JeffyZ33
10+ year member

not******
In A Tree
Well I JUST built this computer less than 2 months ago. It's in a very clean black Thermaltake Soprano case. The specs:

AMD Athlon 3500+

Asus A8n-Sli Premium

2x1gb Corsair XMS Twinx ram

XFX 7900GT (their top 7900gt model)

Zalman CPU fan with blue LED (very subtle but nice glow at night)

2x Seagate 160gb Sata 3.0 HDD (was going to raid, but as of now one is for windows other is for storage)

Samsung burner with lightscribe, plays and burns both cds and dvds

Lite-on CD burner and dvd-rom

Antec Truepower2 550w power supply

This PC runs pretty cool and the graphics are excellent. I have all of the graphics set to max in BF2 and experience no lag or choppy gameplay. I was going to upgrade the case fans but I really don't see a need to as during max gameplay the cpu has only seen 44C, which is nothing for an AMD. The load times are EXCELLENT with the Sata 3.0. It literally took 13 seconds to transfer 800mb file from HDD to HDD. If this was RAID 0'd the load times would be cut in half, which is insane. As of now i'm using the onboard sound and ethernet, which works just fine for me. It has 7.1 onboard, i'm running 5.1 off of it right now and it sounds great. Also the ethernet worked instantly after the driver was installed and hasn't given me a single problem or disconnect.

A friend and I built the computer ourselves. It wasn't done halfass on carpet with wool socks either, it was built on a grounded anti-static mat, using antistatic wrist bands. The CPU has a healthy dab of arctic silver 5 that i have been ''burning in'' to AS5's instructions.

The only thing I think i'd do on this computer is do a fresh format and raid the HDDs. I can't imagine what 2 Sata 3.0 drives would do raided. I was also considering doing LED fans and some extra LEDs in the case just for some more light with a fan and light controller, but I'm pretty happy how it is.

The computer is being sold mainly because I've found that I don't game as much as i thought i did when i got the wild hair up my ass to order all of the parts. I'm trying to buy a new car and this was a lot of money that could have been put into it.

Asking price: $1100 shipped OBO.

EDIT: Building the same computer on a site like http://www.cyberpowerinc.com would cost $1400-$1500. Obviously this computer isn't a dud, I'm typing on it right now. Oh and also the computer has round cable used on the CD drives and floppy, the HDD use sata cables which are tiny.

EDIT 2: Just built a computer on cyberpowerinc, not quite as good as this one, $1420 shipped with no OS. If you buy this i'll give it a fresh format with xp pro and have the raid and everything set up if you'd like.

If nobody is a taker i may part it out. I think I have better chances selling it as a whole though. Also, the 7900 is what really makes this computer.

If there are enough people interested in seperate parts of it i will part out. Looks like there is a good start here. I'd really like to keep it as a whole though, even though I still have the packaging for everything (except for the case.. who seriously keeps the box to a computer case, what.. is it going to fry? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif )

I'd be interested in a decently-equipped laptop (obviously not as equipped as this comp, but you know).

K taking my words back, the case box is sitting in my closet lol.

Well ****, sounds like the whole computer is parted out. PM me an offer for the parts and I'll consider tearing it apart tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Lookin for trades on a laptop ?

I've got an HP 15.4" widescreen, 60 gig HD, 1 gig memory, XP etc... Nvidia GFX, excellent shape, never dropped etc, few scratches on side.

Lemme know !

Yep I am kind of looking for a laptop, but Im not for sure on one. I'm going shopping for a car this saturday so I'll let you know after then.

I got a laptop id trade with some other stuff to for it.. its a Dell Inspiron 8600..PM me or reply if you want more info..im very interested. thx

EVERYONE INTERESTED IN PARTS PM ME WITH AN OFFER, IF 75% OF THE PARTS ARE WANTED SEPERATED I WILL DO IT FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

I dont think this is out of the rules, because i posted a price for the computer as a whole and the thread wasn't meant for parting it out. If this is breaking the rules, I want MSRP OBO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

JeffyZ33

10+ year member
not******
JeffyZ33
In A Tree
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies