shorting out

munky223
10+ year member

im not sure but i think there is a short somewhere in my system. It runs fine, but twice they subs just quit working. Then about 3 or 4 minutes later they start working again. I dont know why it does it but its a real big pain in the ass and i was wondering what i can do to fix it. thanks for your help.

that might be it because i didn't notice this but when it has happened i was playing it pretty loud for a while and both days were pretty hot.

You can get a 12volt fan for it, or try to mount it were there is more air space around it. Also upgrading power and ground wires help. What kinda amp is it and what size power and ground do you have?

its a jbl, 350 watts, and i have no clue about the other stuff. i got all my stuff used from a friend. how much do fans cost and where can you get them?

You can pick up a fan at your local Radio Hack (Shack) or your local car stereo shop. They aren't very expensive. Just make sure you can wire it to come on with your amp.

The fans that i use in my system I Ripped off some old coputers power supplies, they run on 12 volt. I've got my amps completely enclosed in an area just big enough for them to fit in, I then have 2 fans, one blowing cool air into the enclosure, and one ******* the hot air out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.