Short in my Power Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

moval0890
10+ year member

I have a power wire d-block splitting my main wire to my 4-channel and monoblock.

I recently have been getting what seems to have to be a short in the power wire, to where my amps simultaneously turn off and then shortly there after turn back on and since the power wire is the only wire they share it seems like it has to stem somewhere from the d-block. Sometimes during the path of going from on to shorting off, the vocals slowly cut out and then fully cut out while the sub fully cuts outs each time.

Any ideas?

The stereo shop did install ground loops about a month ago, if that could be causing anything.

I had engine noise that is now gone. But my problem that I have is the power wire if you have any feedback regarding that.
I was just being a dick, they installed something to REMOVE ground loops, they didnt install ground loops.

As far as your problem goes:

-make sure your power wire isnt damaged

-make sure your amp grounds are nice and tight

-make sure your remote-on wire isnt damaged or loose

-make sure fuses are snug

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.