fs-29hz

qts-.52

qes-.58

qms-5.7

vas- 2.1cu ct

sens-87.4dB SPL

mms-285.2g

Mounting Depth: 188mm (7.4 inches)

Mounting hole Diameter: 355mm ( 14 inches)

2x 70oz motor,

3″ 4 layer copper coil

500 watts rms

Setup:

I have it set up with a hifonics bxi 1610D. I have a kinetic HC 1800 as a 2nd battery and a 165 amp High output with 0 gauge all around. Its in a 3.75 cubic ft enclosure tuned to 30 hz. In a Crappy 03 corolla.

Power handling:

@ 2 ohms i'm feeding it 1k rms daily, hasn't even gotten hot

Sound Signature:

To my surprise, this 15" is very punchy and tight, it actually keeps up with my metalcore double bass pedal drums really well. It gets low but does not get low with authority like their shok FLO 1k. The bass loudness falls off sharply after 25hz even when tuned at 30 hz so this sub might not be for the homies craving the low lows. series, even though my tuning could be a bit lower. The bass really seperates from the music with this sub instead of a muddy blend in, unless its rap and dubstep which is pretty much shake city. If tuned a little higher with a smaller box, this would probably be decent for rock and country music with the extra higher hertz extension. Right now, its sounding great with metal, dubstep, rap, electro, hip hop, Rnb and alternative rock.

Comparison to other subs i've owned:

Pioneer champion Ts-w3200d4 - this sub's bass output is a headache, bad 50-100hz response and very inefficient power handling, 1.k rms and its the lowest volume out of all the subs i've tested.. borderline garbage. 4 sale if you wanna hit me up with a lowball pm rofl.

Alpine Type R 1000rms newest model: Switching from the pioneers to the alpines, there was soo much more volume and sound quality lol. The Alpines have more punch than the Tritons but the Tritons actually surpasses the type R in sound quality to my surprise, in the proper enclosures, the volume would be the same between a 12" triton and 12" type R, but my 15" triton is waaay louder than the 12" type R so its not a fair comparison.

Here's an Excursion video, its not a lot but its okay for an entry level sub. WARNING LOW Quality audio recording!! so lower the volume a bit for the first couple of seconds, my voice has ear piercing trebles in the vid.

I am running 2 Shok Triton 12's with an MB Quart 1500W amp in a 5.2cube box tuned to 30hz in my jeep and I couldn't be happier, beats the hell out of the Infinity subs I was running before this...like night and day...I picked em up for $100 each presale...and lovin em...

i went through several boxes with the pioneers lol... had it in 1.2 cubes tuned to 32hz in the first box(stupid pioneer manual box recommendations and stupid me for following it) , very very low output.

tried a sealed box, at .8 cubes, it sounded even worse.

hen i read up more on people who use the pioneers i have to compete and found out i had to go up to 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 35 hz and did that for my final box before i gave up on it, I didnt like it because it basically played 25-45 hz well and anything outside that range sounded close to a trainwreck. Most of the rock and electro songs in my library had basically little to no bass ever playing since it has a lot of the 60-100hz which the pioneers struggled with each of the boxes they were in.

They goe decently loud but other subs get louder with the same amount of power(1k rms). Overally the sound signature was kinda muddy with loose bass thats good if you mainly like lows with a rap and hip hop library but i like something a little more tight sounding with good frequency response on a wide range with better power efficiency.

I was just curious, I ran that sub in about 1.65 cu ft. net tuned to 40 hz (Pre-fab Obcon labrynth slot ported 3/4 mdf) and it sounded pretty **** good... It did hit the lows with more authority than higher frequencies, but it was not bad at all over a wide range of music...

maybe i just needed higher tuning for it? lol
I think you went from: too small, to too big... 2.5 is way big for that sub imo... But yes, I've noticed you can get more out of them in a bit higher tuned box, they have no prob getting low tuned to 40hz, & it seems to help the response curve ;-)

lol then disregard my comparison of it lol, i made it sound like an all out ghetto spl sub lol. One question, did you have the older model ones where it said premiers on the cone or did it just say pioneer which is the latest model?

lol then disregard my comparison of it lol, i made it sound like an all out ghetto spl sub lol. One question, did you have the older model ones where it said premiers on the cone or did it just say pioneer which is the latest model?
It said Pioneer on the cone ;-) I just sold it last week to help finance my new build, I'm running the non-pro version of that sub right now: Looks just like it, just doesn't say PRO on the cone that they don't make anymore Just to have SOMETHING back there lol, that don't sound too shabby for 1 - 12" on 425 watts rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies