shiva vs. ek12

Whatever one you decide to buy.

Seriously though, there are hundreds of threads discussing these 2 subs. Search for them first and come back and ask specific questions.

If you want a simple answer, you can not go wrong with either sub. Both are excellent.

hehe i know i tried.. i got to the first 5 pages but i got lazy... i saw alot of review about them, but not those two being compared, atleast to the one i tried to looked at...

what are the box rec for the tho subs... 12'

i have an e12kd4 and im very happy with it. it pounds harder than my old 2 subs. i never heard a shiva so i dont know about it. from what people have told me, they are both very good subs.

EDIT: i emailed a guy at elemental designs and asked about the box specs, he said anywhere from .88 to 1.25 would do good. i have mine in a crappy walmart box for now until i get my fusion boxes, which are 1.04 cu ft or so.

The K's perform better in smaller boxes and can be had in dual 2 or dual 4ohm configurations. The K's will more than likely handle a bit more power, but both do quite well power wise. I personally wouldnt want to run the shiva ported, its suspension is just incredily compliant, it may do just fine in car, but id be afraid of running into the ground. The K DOES have its limits as well ported, but are a bit harder to reach. Sealed 1 cube e12k, sealed 1.5 shiva.....

the K seems to be the better choice overall for car audio use...

better low end, better sonically in car, better wiring options, and smaller boxes...

I have yet to see a comparison that had the Shiva as a clear cut winner.... but I ahve seen quite a few that had the K as the marginally superior driver (*in car app's or c ourse)

The Ks take the cake in this one basically because they are just more versatile. The Shivas are also great subs so what I'm getting at is you can't go wrong with either. What amp do you plan on running?

Originally posted by RangerMan The Ks take the cake in this one basically because they are just more versatile. The Shivas are also great subs so what I'm getting at is you can't go wrong with either. What amp do you plan on running?
its not for me.. it's for my friend... he's running rockford power 350s... what box should he use, sealed or ported... how big?? which one would have better SPL and SQ?

Originally posted by jjoven1225 its not for me.. it's for my friend... he's running rockford power 350s... what box should he use, sealed or ported... how big?? which one would have better SPL and SQ?
SPL: Ks

SQ: Shivas

I would port the Ks and seal the Shivas.

If I were doing this. I'd most definatly seal up the K's if your looking for the best SQ possible out of them (not talking about a flat curve but the effect of 'sharp' sound). They will not frail behind the shiva's at all in the SQ department in a sealed box, not in the least. You really can not go wrong with either driver.

My 2 cents. If your going to try and get the response type some people call more accurate or punchy, seal it, it's easier, it wastes less space, and for most of us goes plenty low and gets plenty loud. The K's will have more of this type of sound in a sealed enclosure.

Ben

so we've established that both subs r comparable in sq...on the adire audio site, it says that its max is 650 watts. what would the rms be? and if both the shive and k were fed their rms wattage, which would be louder? and by how much? does one sub have better durablility? im gonna get just one woofer for my system....

i'm going to be ben for today:D

"if you have more than 2.5cubic feet, go with the shiva. if you have less than 2.5cubic feet, go with the k-series" :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jjoven1225

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jjoven1225
NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date