Sexy down fire for a jeep

PESteele
10+ year member

I wang on an 8 in a van
annapolis
Just spent 4 hours building a downfireing box for my friends wrangler. Its holding an Atlas 12 and should be ~ 1.5. It sweet sq and got louder than i expected. Lacked a little on the lows but thats expected. I built it all from scratch b/c of the angled back.

IMGP4926.jpg

IMGP4927.jpg

IMGP4928.jpg

unless someone has the keys 2 his car they cant take it since the doors can only be locked and unlocked by the key(no automatic stuff). And since its angled with the back of the seat and the subs on the bottom they cant take it out

ill be installing his amp 2marrow which is a RF 350s so ill be getting 100 more watts than it was 2day. Also im on rattle patrol which shold be pretty easy since wranglers arnt the most complex cars

how is he going to keep that from getting stolen? i mean... all someone has to do is unzip the windows.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

unless someone has the keys 2 his car they cant take it since the doors can only be locked and unlocked by the key(no automatic stuff). And since its angled with the back of the seat and the subs on the bottom they cant take it out
It's a softtop Jeep. No need to bother going through the doors when slicing the windows/top/whatever is so much simpler and much quicker.

Additonally you've posted the guy's license plate so it would be fairly easy to find where he lives now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Looks like a nice enclosure, though. Hope it stays in his Jeep where he wants it.

not any more. I alreaty explained it you need to unlock the tailgate with the key to get the box out. So even if he took the top off they would have a little difficulty getting to in since his seat is rusted in place

How did you get it done in 4 hours? It took us that long to get the wood cut..and then another 4+ to get it all together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif.

i dont know i have skills. It took from 12-4 for with 2 of us with a trip to the hardware store. To save alot of time measuring get a big T straight edge so your sure everythings a right angle and for the cuts use a hand circular saw with a long straightedge measured however far the edge of the guard is away from the blade(4 inches for me) and clamp it. Then use that as a guide so you get a perfectly straight cut everytime.

its got 2.25 inches from the bottom of the box and probably like 1.5 between the surround and the ground. I dont think ittl excurt that much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.