Selling illegally pirated music, movies and games?

Scoobydoo
5,000+ posts

POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS
DINGLEBERRY
Officer Scooby here,

I am posting this because as usual I wanted to buy something in the classifieds only to find out it was just copies and I could get as many as I wanted for a cheap price. Thing is if I wanted copies I could get them for free from torrents or newsgroups so why the hell would I even pay for them?

What is the deal with all the illegal selling going on here? I have seen numerous threads over the past few months where people are selling copied music, movies or games. Do you people not realize this is illegal? Do you just not care?

Legally the forums can get into trouble for even allowing the sale or illegal material on its site so you arent just putting yourself at risk you are also putting the forum at risk as well.

I own 500+ DVD movies and have backed up many of them to my hard drives to stream over my network. Is that legal? Hell yes! Is selling them illegal? Hell yes!

If you own the original you can make a backup to use for yourself, but you can not sell that backup.

Selling an ipod or an mp3 player loaded with music is illegal

Selling a pc with windows installed without the license is illegal

Selling a modded xbox full of games is illegal unless you provide the original games with it

How is all this so hard to understand?

I am sure some who read this will flame away with "thanks officer scooby" or some other crap, but I dont care. I like this site and would hate to see the admins get into legal trouble because a few of you are so hard up for cash that you need to sell illegal material here.

IMO, I think it should be in the rules that if you are caught selling illegal materials you get banned from the classified section.

Thats all, flame away!

I like this post : /.. why would it be flamed, it's all true.
because everytime i try to point out in individual threads that what they are doing is illegal i get the "officer scooby" thing or some sort of trying to be an internet hero or some crap

i mainly posted this to get a response from some mods and admins as to what they think of the situation

I agree.

but dont tell me you have never downloaded a song or cd.

Selling Pirated sutff is wrong. Im in no way sticking up for it.

Officer Scooby here,
I am posting this because as usual I wanted to buy something in the classifieds only to find out it was just copies and I could get as many as I wanted for a cheap price. Thing is if I wanted copies I could get them for free from torrents or newsgroups so why the hell would I even pay for them?

What is the deal with all the illegal selling going on here? I have seen numerous threads over the past few months where people are selling copied music, movies or games. Do you people not realize this is illegal? Do you just not care?

Legally the forums can get into trouble for even allowing the sale or illegal material on its site so you arent just putting yourself at risk you are also putting the forum at risk as well.

I own 500+ DVD movies and have backed up many of them to my hard drives to stream over my network. Is that legal? Hell yes! Is selling them illegal? Hell yes!

If you own the original you can make a backup to use for yourself, but you can not sell that backup.

Selling an ipod or an mp3 player loaded with music is illegal

Selling a pc with windows installed without the license is illegal

Selling a modded xbox full of games is illegal unless you provide the original games with it

How is all this so hard to understand?

I am sure some who read this will flame away with "thanks officer scooby" or some other crap, but I dont care. I like this site and would hate to see the admins get into legal trouble because a few of you are so hard up for cash that you need to sell illegal material here.

IMO, I think it should be in the rules that if you are caught selling illegal materials you get banned from the classified section.

Thats all, flame away!

sure dont //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif lol, but yea sellin copies is pretty dumb when u can burn them yourself for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

because everytime i try to point out in individual threads that what they are doing is illegal i get the "officer scooby" thing or some sort of trying to be an internet hero or some crap
i mainly posted this to get a response from some mods and admins as to what they think of the situation
ok officer scooby //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif , im going to go burn my copies of gone with the wind now

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif im messin bro

this isnt about DL'ing illegal content, this is about selling it here for a profit
Why not let the mods take care of it then?

i think they do a dam good job deleting threads on it.

Officer Scooby to the rescue!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

this isnt about DL'ing illegal content, this is about selling it here for a profit
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif on the selling illegal content part.

Valid point.

Oh and since you asked so nicely

flamethrower.gif

J/K //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why not let the mods take care of it then?
i think they do a dam good job deleting threads on it.

Officer Scooby to the rescue!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
if the op doesnt state it is a copy in the thread then the mods dont know

putting a rule in or making so sort of consequence if you get caught might be a good way to deter it

also pointing out in the rules what is legal and what isnt may edjumacate some people, cause honestly i think some people don't realize it is illegal

FWIW being a Eagles fan i couldnt wait to see "invincible" so i downloaded it a few weeks before it hit store shelves so i could watch it and then when it was released i bought it cause it is a great movie:)

so yes i am guilty of doing a little downloading, but i planned on buying it anyway

if the op doesnt state it is a copy in the thread then the mods dont know
putting a rule in or making so sort of consequence if you get caught might be a good way to deter it

also pointing out in the rules what is legal and what isnt may edjumacate some people, cause honestly i think some people don't realize it is illegal
I hope this helps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bought a few dvds on a another forum once and got them on DVD-R's i was mad at first but i only paid 5 bucks for 2 movies i got over it:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.