self installation

leonsv
10+ year member

**DIABLO**
i have a honda ridgeline and really don't feel like paying a guy to do the alarm install. I'm getting one of the dei alarms with reponder/remote start/alarm.

are honda's hard to do? also i have about 15-20 hour to spend on this project but more time is available if needed. I'm pretty good with wiring and following directions (i installed my first system by myself: included hu, processor, components, amps and subs). could i do it?

i wouldnt. alarm installs are one of those things like window tint. its better to spend the extra money to have somebody experienced do it. they can find the best spot to hide the brain, make false wires, and hide the alarm so thieves cant stop the alarm once its blaring

When it comes to remote starts/alarms they are only as good as the installation...you may be able to install your own stereo/system, but I highly recommend you spend the extra cash and get it professionally installed.

I would read up on what you need to install, and find out what wires you need to look for in your car.. Its easy to install, but time consuming because you have to hid all the wires and brain..

I would say, take your time and read up on it first.

iv done Ridgelines,pretty simple straight foward. everyting can be found at the MICU. But, id recomend going to a well known shop. they have support, and pretty much everything needed to get it done proper.

being it your first alarm install i would take it somewhere or if you know a buddy who has installed several have him help you. me and a buddy installed my alarm (it was my first) and my remote start. they are complicated because of all the wires but if you read up on it and are will to take the time and make it neat then go for it. i am installing a keyless tomorrow on my brother and sisters car and i am nervous about it but i read up and know all the wires now so it is easy. but if you mess it up it will cost you more at the shop to have it done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.