SE vids

to lowwwww... test tone with like 30-40hz
and make sure you tune higher with your new box
Thanks man, I'm learning.... And ya my new box will be around 32.

im sorry man but i completely LOL'd when i saw that box. good luck with the new box
Haha, so did I. I showed my friend at practice and all he said was, "Why a big turd?"

Yes it's worth it, even in your temp box. You're talking 5 mins of your time.
And yes, do NOT hold a 20hz note for that long, at all. That's a pretty low note bossman, and beatin on those subs at that frequency is not going to be kosher with them.

And +1 for you for the sticker.
If he wasn't pushing the thermal limits or the mechanical limits, he will be fine playing a 20hz signal. They weren't approaching mechanical limits and if they're only getting 600rms a piece, I doubt they're getting enough power to cook the coils, especially being that they're not bottoming out playing a frequency that far below the tuning frequency.

The frequency being played by a speaker won't damage it. Pushing mechanical and thermal limits will and I highly doubt either were done in this video.

Question. When I go to put some bracing in, can i put in a block of wood around .8 cubic feet, will that effectively increase tuning as well as decrease the box volume?

where there any other sub choices u were thinking of? i was pondering 2 12 re se but im now thinking of 2 AQ sd2.5 12
That's exactly what I was debating between. I got the REs a little cheaper, and I figured they were a little more "classical" in their approach to box design and the way they handle. So I went with the REs and have no regrets. Never heard the sdc2.5s but i bet they rock as well.

Anyone have an answer to my question about adding a block of wood to my box to increase tuning and decrease box volume? Thanks

Yes it's worth it, even in your temp box. You're talking 5 mins of your time.
And yes, do NOT hold a 20hz note for that long, at all. That's a pretty low note bossman, and beatin on those subs at that frequency is not going to be kosher with them.

And +1 for you for the sticker.
yeah man a new box and u will be set...
+1 from me to on the mccain sticker
It amazes me what kind of people are stupid enough to vote for McCain. I guess now we know.
i agree totally 100% agree

NADER 08

http://www.votenader.org/

J/K

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.