scratched cds

No it doesnt hurt anything. The laser that reads the disc just reads it and plays what it reads. the disc cant effect the laser or any other part of the cd player.

in the past i have used a small soldering torch very carefully to fix scratched discs.. it does work but u gotta be carefull...

-easiest answer... use ur computer to upload disc to ur harddrive and then burn a new copy..

-i do about 100-150 discs a month for ppl, myself, or anyreason... shoot i dont even have many original discs i run in my car seeming as though its about 10 cents for blank disc and the sound quality is no different

but that dont help if u dont have a burner.. in which case u can get em cheap.. i just sold my old external one for 30$..lol

*oh btw i have also heard that a polishing wheel on a grinder with a wee bit of compound works to fix scratches but i have not tried this myself

u might try the skip doctor it cleans up any scratches and cleans off any smudges. for 10 - 20 dollars it's invaluable. cleans any type of cd you want. u might take a look at it i love mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jeremythelen

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
jeremythelen
Wesphalia,MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date