Saved $4000 Need Serious Input For A System

shadybutclever
10+ year member

I have $4000 that I saved up to put into a 1996 Monte Carlo. My musical taste varies from Hip-Hop to Alternative. I like my stuff to bump but also be clean and crisp not just a thud. Looking at the W'7 or the Brahma not too familiar with "XXX" for the subs but not sure on the rest. Would rather get info from some of the experts than the "professionals" at some of the other dealearships ie tweeter, hi fi house ect... Any input would be greatly appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok, I'll make this simple.

W7- Amzing SQ, has very nice SPL as well, has a nasty low end

Brahma- Almost as good as W7 in SQ, but can outdo it in SPL

XXX- Little less SQ than both, but dominates in SPL

Room is also a big factor. I personally would not seal an XXX. If you have the room, I say go for the XXX's...you will be extremely impressed.

Here's the site-

http://www.respl.com

wow....thats a lot of money bro........you can get a lot.....are you planning on competing?

first off, you will need a new alternator for you car that can handle all that power you will want.......

i would consider the brahma......maybe 2 12s, 3, 4 or w/e you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

get some nice components....focal components are really nice....

to power the subs get an eD nine.1 per sub......

a nice alpine deck/dvd player.....

custom kick panels, box.....

oh the possibilities!

Two or three 12" XXX's with an RE amp on each. I love mine, you wont be dissapointted with them. For your compnent amp, get a Soundstream DaVinccie.....Its gold plated and puts out good power....will run ya about $1200, but i could gurantee would would be the only one with a gold plated amp in your area.

Originally posted by ridered36 Two or three 12" XXX's with an RE amp on each. I love mine, you wont be dissapointted with them. For your compnent amp, get a Soundstream DaVinccie.....Its gold plated and puts out good power....will run ya about $1200, but i could gurantee would would be the only one with a gold plated amp in your area.
thats unnecessary //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ok here are my choices so far: focal utopia comps up front ~$500 on ebay

some other components in the back for rear fill

JL300/4 to power them ~350 on ebay

2 brahma 12s 369 each shipped from jlaine

2 ed nine.1s around 250 shipped to power the subs

a nice alpine head unit.....it depends on what youre looking for

new alternator ^^

spend a lot on a custom install....thats what i would do with 4000 bucks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Not really into competition just want a nice system since I'm big into music and getting tired hearing everyone else bump their s**t hell why can't I. Took me awhile to save up and now it's my turn to bump. Thanks for the input thus far. I know I'm going to get hammered for this question but I'm new to the game but what is the difference between SPL and SQ and is there a big difference between a sub being enclosed that and not enclosed?

Originally posted by shadybutclever Not really into competition just want a nice system since I'm big into music and getting tired hearing everyone else bump their s**t hell why can't I. Took me awhile to save up and now it's my turn to bump. Thanks for the input thus far. I know I'm going to get hammered for this question but I'm new to the game but what is the difference between SPL and SQ and is there a big difference between a sub being enclosed that and not enclosed?
SQ= sound quality (how good the sub sounds)

SPL= sound pressure level (how loud it gets)

the difference between the 2 boxes: (the sub MUST be enclosed)

sealed: better for SQ

ported: more for SPL, but can be made for decent SQ

Don't know if that alternator is the right one cause my engine is a 3.4L and the desciption on ebay is for a 3.1L. Don't know if there is much of a difference between the 2 but I know under the hood is a pain in @ss to get to the alternator.

Originally posted by shadybutclever Don't know if that alternator is the right one cause my engine is a 3.4L and the desciption on ebay is for a 3.1L. Don't know if there is much of a difference between the 2 but I know under the hood is a pain in @ss to get to the alternator.
hmmm.......im sure you could find one somewhere

A/D/S component speakers

Alpine HU

Alpine CD Changer/mp3

Alpine external processor with time alignment, parametric eq, sub xover, and suround in case you want to add DVD

2 Boston Pro 10.5's (only 0.5 cubic feet for each)

Jl or Jbl amp to power the bostons

Soundstream amp for the A/D/S components

This would make for a really nice SQ system.

If you would rather have an SPL system others here could give you better suggestions then I could.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.