Santa Fe Rebuild. Lots of new toys.

soundsolutions
Pro Seller

SoundSolutionsAudio.com
Potsdam, NY
Going to be doing a bit of upgrades to the truck which include...

New JVC KW-NT700J Navi unit

29086.PNG

1 15" ZCON (on 4kw RMS)

1 15" Custom Enclosure built by Ricki30 from Alerion Enclosures, Tucson AZ

Completely custom fabbed steel false floor skeleton for the back end.

I plan on mounting all my amps under the false floor, leaving myself a blank slate above it to install various boxes for testing etc...

I will still be using my MTX TE4000Ds & TE1004s
woot.gif

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Ok, here is what we are working with...

My current set up

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

My goal is to have a awesome demo vehicle and reclaim half of my truck as I have a major need for it with my new family.

All the amps are going to be mounted below the floor (instead of on top of the floor), and the enclosure will take up the right/left side of the truck, leaving half of the trunk space for strollers or groceries //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice equipment to start off with. No more jet pack. :p
I have really enjoyed having the XCON in a sealed box, as you know Stephan, that is a departure from the norm. for me.

Here is a mock up of the measurements I am working with. Dylan is going to design me a killer enclosure from this point.

IMG_0514-measurements.jpg

Ok, here is an update on the enclosures...

Dylan got the designs over to me. I decided to to a single sub set up for daily and a dual sub set up for shows...

The dual sub set up with have both of my MTX TE4KDs on them. So 8k RMS for the pair, and when I am running a single sub, I will knock that down to one amp @ 4k RMS.

Here are the designs.... (I have already started building
smile.png
)

on a side note, these enclosures are a bit on the small side. With the single enclosure, I am looking to reclaim half of my truck space for "family room" when we do the groceries or stroller etc...

singlecorner-view.png

dualcorner-view.jpg

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

At the end of the 36 hour welding spree, I had forgotten to bring my jig saw for the hole in the floor, so I used a circular saw a free handed the router, thats why the board floor looks like hell.

I plan on reduing the floor board along with some plexi/lexan and some carpet, stay tuned for that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

soundsolutions

Pro Seller
SoundSolutionsAudio.com
soundsolutions
Potsdam, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date