*** Samsung vs Panasonic PLASMA TV ***

dead set on plasma?
It's a straight trade in so these are the only choices I have.... to upgrade to something else I'd for one have to pay out of pocket and two it would only get me a entry level LED with 120hz framerate

I like the plasmas 600hz personally

Well, we've had a Panasonic Plasma for the past 8 years or so and are still getting raving reviews from it when we have company over. We don't even have HD hooked up to it and people are always amazing by the picture quality. I love Panasonic's build quality and reliability, so I'll recommend it with my experience with them.

However, I'm curious why you're leaning towards Plasma? LED is the way to go... Much lighter. Much longer lifespan. Much more energy efficient. Equally fantastic picture quality. I just got an LED 32" Vizio and love it. I got it for half off retail price, so I couldn't really turn it down.

It's a straight trade in so these are the only choices I have.... to upgrade I'd have to pay out of pocket and my credit would be 699$
Where's the trade-in credit at? There's nothing wrong with Plasma, LED is just the better choice for the long run.

Well, we've had a Panasonic Plasma for the past 8 years or so and are still getting raving reviews from it when we have company over. We don't even have HD hooked up to it and people are always amazing by the picture quality.

You dont even have HD hooked up? You mean you are watching regular 480p **** on a 1080p display?

Sorry bro, but either your company is straight fooligans or really old people.

why do you need 600hz?Your eyes can't see more than 30-60. So 120 is more than enough.
So what is it I see when watching 120hz LED/ tvs and there is tremendous Motion blur... I have yet to see one that doesn't have this issue. Sure the picture looks great and it's statistically better but my plasma never had problem keeping up

why do you need 600hz?Your eyes can't see more than 30-60. So 120 is more than enough.
So what is it I see when watching 120hz LED/ tvs and there is tremendous Motion blur... I have yet to see one that doesn't have this issue. Sure the picture looks great and it's statistically better but my plasma never had problem keeping up
the term "Hz" has been thrown around like crazy, just like contrast ratio.

Plasmas and LCD's have a different method of determining refresh rate, thus the different numbers. They are on a completely different scale.

600hz on a LCD would not really ever be feasible or possible

Thats odd that some people notice it, I almost feel like its placebo.. I have a 120hz samsung led lcd and I really dont notice the difference. Plus most of the content is originally 60hz anyway, so really you are just adding extra frames.

the term "Hz" has been thrown around like crazy, just like contrast ratio.
Plasmas and LCD's have a different method of determining refresh rate, thus the different numbers. They are on a completely different scale.

600hz on a LCD would not really ever be feasible or possible

Thats odd that some people notice it, I almost feel like its placebo.. I have a 120hz samsung led lcd and I really dont notice the difference. Plus most of the content is originally 60hz anyway, so really you are just adding extra frames.
Refresh rate is very noticeable to me or maybe it was just the brand of LED tv I was watching it on. The aerial shots or simple panning left or right makes you noxious.. it's that slow.

I even fixed the settings to match the speeds but it only help slightly.

has not actuall seen the difference. so, yah, your eyes can only see so much, however what you cannot tell is when you perceive mid-frames to not be there, even though you are physically seeing them. 60hz is pretty good, but the added still pictures generated between frames that make that cool motion effect on 120, less obvious on 240, and nearly makes you forget that it is doing anything, just that the picture is so absolutely clear when you get to 480 and 960. i got the 8000 series smart tv the week they first released it, and can turn the motion all the way up to 960, or 480, when watching 3d. if you want a panasonic display, you can usually save a bit by going with a visio that sports it. when i think of panasonic electronics, i can only recall all the horrible failures i've seen and experienced through the years. imho, they are sketchy at best, but decent when working good. i give all brands their fair share and hve my experiences with them regularly. even if there has been prior problems, as companies do make a turn-around from time-to-time, but i have to say, samsung has really been a go-to product for years. the tv i replaced is also a led 8000 series, but that one was 60hz with led motion plus. released 2 years prior to 120motion and 3 before led was phasing in to mainstream. only problem i have with samsung is the piece of poo 3d player they gave me with the tv, but it's their bottom line 3d player, so i can't expect much. works fine, i just don't like the way it works. another factor: i'm not sure about panasonic, but samsung has nice anynet+ interaction with other brands.

honestly, what i would do is credit it toward a higher model samsung with internet and finance it to like $15/mo for 3 years with the purchase protection. plasma is real nice, but has it's downfalls, as well.

has not actuall seen the difference. so, yah, your eyes can only see so much, however what you cannot tell is when you perceive mid-frames to not be there, even though you are physically seeing them. 60hz is pretty good, but the added still pictures generated between frames that make that cool motion effect on 120, less obvious on 240, and nearly makes you forget that it is doing anything, just that the picture is so absolutely clear when you get to 480 and 960. i got the 8000 series smart tv the week they first released it, and can turn the motion all the way up to 960, or 480, when watching 3d. if you want a panasonic display, you can usually save a bit by going with a visio that sports it. when i think of panasonic electronics, i can only recall all the horrible failures i've seen and experienced through the years. imho, they are sketchy at best, but decent when working good. i give all brands their fair share and hve my experiences with them regularly. even if there has been prior problems, as companies do make a turn-around from time-to-time, but i have to say, samsung has really been a go-to product for years. the tv i replaced is also a led 8000 series, but that one was 60hz with led motion plus. released 2 years prior to 120motion and 3 before led was phasing in to mainstream. only problem i have with samsung is the piece of poo 3d player they gave me with the tv, but it's their bottom line 3d player, so i can't expect much. works fine, i just don't like the way it works. another factor: i'm not sure about panasonic, but samsung has nice anynet+ interaction with other brands.honestly, what i would do is credit it toward a higher model samsung with internet and finance it to like $15/mo for 3 years with the purchase protection. plasma is real nice, but has it's downfalls, as well.
The 480 and 960 on those samsungs doesnt mean refresh rate. It's not 960hz. it is Clear Motion Rate which is a combination of all random sorts of processing. It was a category samsung made up on their own and no one else uses it as far as i know.

Its still 240hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mr.SoloDolo

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Mr.SoloDolo
Marin County, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date