Saab 9-5 Upgrades

Participant count
  • Participant list

theselby

UK
I've got a 2003 9-5 Aero Saloon with the AS3 with 9 speaker HK system. It's rubbish.

I changed the front L and R tweeter to a JL Audio pair as the originals surrounds had perished. I removed the centre and didn't replace.

Now I want to keep the Saab head unit which I know isn't great but I don't like the look of after market double dins. Only one I like the look of was the McIntosh ones or the old Nachamichi but they don't make them anymore.

So what I'd like to do is upgrade the speakers probably JL Audio and then do something to give it more depth. I was thinking about changing the 6x9 parcel shelf speakers that only receives low frequencies with some 6x9 woofers. However no one seems to make them apart from a couple of places and they aren't cheap.

So I was then thinking about a slim integrated sub.

As you can probably tell I know very little about car audio so looking for advice on how I can improve the sound, not spend a fortune and ideally do it all myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.