?s about Angles

there is a thing called time line basicly what that means is all sound waves reach a point at a certin time. you'll have less cancelation too. I don't know what kind of car/truck you are talking about and what angle or up or what you are talking about. So really there is no "answer" to your question. I personally recomend if you want a better sound quality face the subs away from you subs themself don't sound good go stick you ear next to one when it is playing and you will see what I am talking about. That is one reason most people point their subs backwords in a car. If you have a hatch I recomend facing them up. Hatches are great.

The placement of subs really is dependant on the vehicle itself. Low Bass is non directional. Meaning it radiates unlike mids and highs which are directional. So you won't be able to point source it. Build the box the way you like, and the fit you are looking for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I personally recomend if you want a better sound quality face the subs away from you subs themself don't sound good go stick you ear next to one when it is playing and you will see what I am talking about.

Crappy subs sound crappy up close or far away. Good subs sound good just the same. Don't know what you have listened to but mine sounds fine whan I stick my head by it.

That is one reason most people point their subs backwords in a car.
The reason some people face them towards the rear of the car is due to cancelation issues. If facing fowards, sometimes waves that travel towards the rear of the car and then back to the front can end up out of phase by the time they reach the front and cause cancelation. Facing the sub towards the rear ensures the all waves bounce off the back and then go to the front at the same time. A good way to test this is by facing the sub towards the front. Now crack open your trunk. Does it sound the same or better? If it sounds better then you need to face the sub towards the rear. By opening the trunk you let the rear waves escape and they don't cancel out the foward ones.

Personally, my sub sound fine firing into the car. All in all you need to play around with placement and see what sounds the best. Every car and set up is different.

Sorry for my original thread being to non descriptive.

The car is a 325ci 2001 bmw.

I was originally planning on setting up 4 subs, either 8w7 or 10w6v2, in the wheel well.

I was then going to build up a new floor, and have an acrylic window with the bmw logo on it, so u can see the subs below.

U know how the BMW logo has 4 sections, well was going to have a sub per section.

Was going to have them either face directly up, or slanted outward at about a 10 degree angle.

I made a diagram using 3d max studio, as soon as i can get it up and running again will have pics.

But i have revised my plans, and instead of trying to get this done in one summer, i will stretch it out over 2. So for starters, i'm going to have just a 2 sub setup.

Crappy subs sound crappy up close or far away. Good subs sound good just the same. Don't know what you have listened to but mine sounds fine whan I stick my head by it.
There is no possible way that your sub sounds nice and clear unless you are listening to it at a low volume. If you have it up around half or more of it's potential you can hear the poping noise the sub makes because of it's quick movement that is a chr that you will NEVER be able to remove from speakers no matter how much technology or money goes into the speaker. It is just like snapping a towl. The reason this is noticeable in subs and not so much in midbass or highs is because of the difference in excersion. "an object in motion remains in motion" so with that said I'm sorry my friend your sub doesn't sound pretty unless you are listening to in well below half of it's potential.

Okay there fella's I got one question. Who listens to their subs so close the cone is slapping them in the face ? Not me. Given normal listening distances you shouldn't hear any cone noise in a proper enclosure that is installed properly. And the subs aren't overpowered to the extreme. If your sitting in your drivers seat and hear your subs making popping noises something is wrong. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There is no possible way that your sub sounds nice and clear unless you are listening to it at a low volume. If you have it up around half or more of it's potential you can hear the poping noise the sub makes because of it's quick movement that is a chr that you will NEVER be able to remove from speakers no matter how much technology or money goes into the speaker. It is just like snapping a towl. The reason this is noticeable in subs and not so much in midbass or highs is because of the difference in excersion. "an object in motion remains in motion" so with that said I'm sorry my friend your sub doesn't sound pretty unless you are listening to in well below half of it's potential.

Umm....what ever...too bad your in Texas. And honestly, I have stuck my head in front of it and no odd sounds, just loud a$$ clean bass. I have even pushed the sub to the point to where I can start smelling the glue on the vc's get hot and it still sounds clean as ever...up close too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Omarvelous

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Omarvelous
Queens, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date