running power wire today -- quick question

also thevory is a reason wires would short out. some hack rips it out the car - wires arc out where they fall

stereo gets stolen - and then car burns down

but just simple vibration coming from our big systems is enough to loosen up set screws and waht not enough that a piece of wire could potentialy fall out and arc where it drops to. id say if you have the fuze holder style that mounts to something - then do that - instead of leaving it hanging

I like to tidy up my engine compartment - and run zip ties to bundle up the wires and run them cleanly so it dont look like a bowl of spagetti when I pop the hood lol

ahh i see. well I have everything strapped to where there is no movement and i have the plastic slip-on insulation around the cable itself which i then taped up along the length of it.

i suppose i'm doing everything i can to prevent it.

too bad I already have the cable cut and put into place or I would move it. :/ shouldve researched fully before installing...oh wells!

ahh i see. well I have everything strapped to where there is no movement and i have the plastic slip-on insulation around the cable itself which i then taped up along the length of it.
i suppose i'm doing everything i can to prevent it.

too bad I already have the cable cut and put into place or I would move it. :/ shouldve researched fully before installing...oh wells!
That will not be fun when you're driving down the road and the insulation melts and shorts, your battery explodes and you're stranded right there with battery acid covering your engine compartment, or worse CATCH YOUR VEHICLE ON FIRE while you're driving down the road. If I were you, I would buy another fuse holder and fuse, put it in the correct location. It might be the best 20 dollars you ever spend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.