Running NO head unit (AUX + 1/2 DIN Equalizer only)

I installed one from Wal-Mart in a friend's car. She likes it, & I couldn't tell any difference between it & other budget h/u's.
The other units you're using could be crappy as well...I swapped in the $130 Dual for a $100 Clarion and the Clarion sounded tons better.

I do it, I am running just my audiocontrol three.1 with ipod aux... Its temp and it definitely works and could easily be done for long run
Awesome. This is what I was hoping to hear and it's good to know you had success with almost the exact unit I'm looking at.

As of "02er" yeah, I've been using messageboards for a LONG time, though I'm not so old that I was ever in usenet groups or early AOL chatrooms. I only have vague memories of the last time I used this board, but obviously needed it since. May as well stick with the existing profile though, right?

If I had the original HU, I'd probably keep it there as a dummy, but the PO pulled it for an Alpine CD HU (circa 1994) which no longer functions as a CD player and has no AUX in. So I have an ugly broken Alpine, above an inactive original blaupunkt equalizer in half of the second DIN slot. Would love to scrap both. I think I'm going ahead with this plan and will just test it carefully before I wire it properly. Even if I get it wrong, I still want the 4-channel amp. I'll just have to switch to a normal HU.

you can definitely do it with no issues I ran a ipod with just a line driver,just a crossover and just a eq just make sure you use quality sound processors and you will be fine,problem is a decent hu can be had cheaper than a decent processors

What you want has been done on a more expensive scale with iPad in-dash installations, if anyone needs even more verification that this request is completely realistic.

look into the pac is77 links directly into factory radio thru the antenna line and will charge the ipod or iphone when it is plugged in

If you're still wondering about running this setup, I've done it already. Works Great! I was running an iPod Nano and there was no hiss whatsoever! Even with the Aux Gain turned all the way up. Actually sounded much better than my JVC unit. Just MAKE sure that you put your source on either flat or something like default (iPod). You don't want any EQ on on your iPod as it will make the sound a little distorted. I was using the newest Clarion EQ btw. But now, I am going to run a Soundstream MPQ-4US. Which has USB/SD Functions as well. Good luck man! And yes. Running an EPIC160 will work Great too! Since it's 1/2 din as well as the EQ.

On another note. Could anyone with experience using the MPQ-4US tell me THEIR experience with it? Just curious on the USB/SD function. I'm sure AUX will be just as the same of the Clarion EQ, but only with a 4 band vs 7 band. Please let me know! I'm still going to try it but just wondering if the load time takes long? How's the sound quality from USB? other things ok? L.M.K.!!!!

you can definitely do it with no issues I ran a ipod with just a line driver,just a crossover and just a eq just make sure you use quality sound processors and you will be fine,problem is a decent hu can be had cheaper than a decent processors
I do it, I am running just my audiocontrol three.1 with ipod aux... Its temp and it definitely works and could easily be done for long run
I'm in the process of building an iPad dash, so could I skip the head unit and just run an aux from the ipad to the equalizer? then use a

"Soundstream mpq-4us" sorry i cant post links

for the RCA outputs for a 4 channel amp and sub amp?

When I was inbetween HU's, I just used my iPod and headphone splitters to enable enough hookups for my 4 channel and sub amp.... It worked perfectly fine and had zero noise problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.