Running Four Channel Amp off H/U with only one RCA output

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sandocommando

Hi. Hoping I can get some advice. I have a dual cab ute and want to get some more grunt and clarity from my system. I have a Kenwood head unit with only one RCA output. My speakers are pioneer 6x9s in inclosures in the rear footwells and some new 5 inches in front door. I was planning to run a 4 channel amp to power the speakers but need to either split the rca output with y connectors or use low line converters. What would work best or would i be better with a 2 channel amp. Thanks

If you're talking about a LOC, you could get one and connect it to the front speaker leads and run the rear off the rca out. You could also get an amp that takes high level input (speaker input), but that's typically used when keeping the stock hu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.