Running Crystal SSCS 6's in a setup, need amp advice

Latina33
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
I'm going to be installing a set of Crystal SSCS 6 components in my Mazda Protoge' 5 this weekend. I most likely won't have rear fill hooked up at all, and I will be running a single 12" Alpine SWS 1222D sub in a sealed box. I've got two amps I'm deciding between.....an Alpine MRD F752 T Class 5 channel: with this one, I'd bridge channels 1-4 to give the Crystals 200W RMS a side, and the sub 300 RMS. The other amp I've got is a old Soundstream Reference 644S 4 channel, which would do 75-90W RMS to each front, and bridged it should do 150W RMS to the sub. I listen to mostly hard rock, with a little techno and rap thrown in once in a blue moon. I like my music loud and powerful, but clear. Any suggestions??

Alpine.

More Power + Crystals = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alpine.
More Power + Crystals = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks for the response, man!

So as long as I adjust the gains down low for the Crystals, 200W RMS shouldn't blow them, huh? They can actually take that power without blowing out??

Yes, they can easily take the power as long as you make certain you are not clipping the signal.

*there you are, Kicker06! was waiting for you to pop in here and comment on your setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif link your vids *

he got a video? please link

my front speaker setup is pretty much the same as yours kicker06 except for the headunit. i got a pioneer premier deh 680mp. can u give me tips on how to tweak and maximize the sound quality. thanks

i too want to know this. one of my friend say running them at 150+ rms will blow the speaker.
Yeah, it's been discussed on the forums, and a couple of people say they have given 200WX2 RMS to the SSCS 6's, and had great results. I did a Google search, and it appears that they are rated at 100W RMS, and 200W Peak:

http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SSCS6

General Features

RMS Power: 100 Watts

Max RMS Power: 100 Watts

Maximum Power: 200 Watts

Impedance: 4 OHM SINGLE VOICE COIL

Design: 2-Way Component Set

Mid Size (inches): 6.5"

Tweeter Size (inches): 1"

Sensitivity:

Frequency Response:

Built-In Crossover: YES

Crossover Slope (dB/octave):

Mounting Depth:

Cutout Diameter:

Amplified: NO

Enclosed: NO

Warranty: 1 YEAR

General Description

2-way component speaker system

NRT Neo-Radial motor

6.5" (165mm) Kevlar½ woofer

1" (25mm) Titanium dome tweeter

2nd order Linkwitz-Riley outboard crossover

200 Watts peak power handling

I have mine running with 200w a side, High passed @ 90hz.
They are fine. Midbass is amazing and the highs are very natural.
Thanks, kicker06. HP'd @ 90hz, huh? I usually HP my components from 100 to 125hz, depending on the specific component itself.

Have you tried your Crystals at those higher hz, and if so, how did they sound? Do you listen to mostly rock-type music, or hip hop?

Thanks, kicker06. HP'd @ 90hz, huh? I usually HP my components from 100 to 125hz, depending on the specific component itself.
Have you tried your Crystals at those higher hz, and if so, how did they sound? Do you listen to mostly rock-type music, or hip hop?
If you cross them that high, then you miss out on all the FUN midbass.

I listen to all rap and hip hop.

Also, my right mid, now has a loud, annoying scratching sound. I had my shop set up my amp, and they set the bass boost on my d3 @ 18db...so I guess it clipped the **** out of the right mid =\ So I gotta see what is up with the warranty. Crystal also sent me a f'ed up mid and crossover the first time around, and I was paitent and didn't complain, so I hope they return the favor.

If you cross them that high, then you miss out on all the FUN midbass.
I listen to all rap and hip hop.
LOL! Gotchya.....yeah, in that case, I won't go over 100hz. I just like my highs to be really crisp, that's why i put it up to 125hz sometimes.

Man, I can't wait until this weekend! Me and a bud are doing the entire install in my new Mazda all day Saturday! 4 gauge wiring, 12" sub, Alpine 5 channel (most likely), Crystals in the front doors, and possibly an Optima Red Top battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.