RollerDJ's BIG azz HT build

rollerdj
10+ year member

Low End Master
the plan is to replace the stand that my new tv is sitting on with something a little more sturdy, while adding some space for the amp, reciver, DVD players, all that jazz on one side. movies and games on the other, with pic's n such on top.

uploadtoday067.jpg

there's a pic of the TV it's self on the crappy stand. the MTM's i will probably use, i'm just up in there air on how to incorperate them with the entertainment center.

Entertainment.jpg

pic of the overall idea. it will be 8' long, 6 1/2' tall, and 2' deep. bottom will house a 18" TC-9 based driver in a T-line.

21hzTline2.jpg

base section.

HTplans.jpg

top minus shelfs. there will be at least 2 shelves per side on pins so i can adjust how far apart i want them.

some of the build pic's coming up in a sec!

i didn't have the camera at the start, so i'm missing some of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

current311.jpg

current312.jpg

i noticed later that my shelf on the side shifted. it has since been removed, and will be put back on later.

current313.jpg

got legs?

current316.jpg

almost done with the bottom half.

038-1.jpg

i think there was something on the lens of the cam for that pic. or, i have a couple of ghosts in my house.

i would have centered the sub, but looks nice so far. sweet idea for sure.
that would have been nice, or sub on one side, port on the other. but, to keep the port length right, thats pretty much how it had to be.

i havn't had a chance to do any music or movies on it yet. but, i've let er wang on some test tones. talk about a low end monster.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

like it what finish are you going to use?
theres a link the stuff i'll be using in my 4th post. comes in 2' X 18'. witch comes out to about 5 rolls. just a peal and press type of finish. it has some pretty good reviews, so i'll give it a try.

current314.jpg

a random sub i used to own when i first started getting into car audio 12 years ago. i was board waiting for my drill battery to charge, and saw it sitting up on top of the ole radial arm saw. i forgot all about this thing. i might throw it to the wall socket tommarow if i get the time. purple FTW!

Actually moving the sub down the line would have cleaned out the response with some stuffing and experimentation. Placing it at the end of a resonating pipe (like a TL) generally worsens the ripple in the upper midbass.

Looks nice, I would have added some hole bracing throughout the line though...

current314.jpg

a random sub i used to own when i first started getting into car audio 12 years ago. i was board waiting for my drill battery to charge, and saw it sitting up on top of the ole radial arm saw. i forgot all about this thing. i might throw it to the wall socket tommarow if i get the time. purple FTW!
don't. put it in a box that u think would work for it.

finish will be here tomarrow. rest will start up next tuesday. i'll be using particle board for the rest since i wont be putting up with the weight of the sub.

Not bad. What kind of speakers are those? Look interesting to say the least. I'd be concerned about some tweeter diffraction/reflection issues and I hope those have a massive BSC incorporated. I'd also find another spot for your receiver and stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.