rockfordfosgate 8"

malachi

hey guys, Malachi here.

this is my first post, so i hope i dont noob it up to much.

anyway, iv been out of the sound game for a long time now. and im gettin gback into it.

im wondering what your opinions are on the rockford fosgate P2D48

i drive an 08 chevy silverado crew cab, and with the searching iv done, i havent found exatly what im looking for but did see how its possible.

i want to put them under the 40% folding seat. i have a 5 YO daughter with more stuff than me that i keep under the seat, along with all my stuff.

i want to put 2 farward facing eights. SEALED, ill have between .6 and .8 cubic ft.

would these, A) sound good, B) give good SPL, C) should i go with something different.

PS, ill post the exact amp im using later on.

thanks.

bump,

come on guys, no opinions on rockfordfosgate, or 8's?

i know last time i check RF was really good, but i heard that they fell off.
Depends on the 8's. As with any size sub there is garbage and there is great stuff. Id put the RF 8's at the bottom of my list of items Id like to run.

Depends on the 8's. As with any size sub there is garbage and there is great stuff. Id put the RF 8's at the bottom of my list of items Id like to run.
LOL come on man, THATS what im asking

WHAT would you put at the top for 8's

its going to be eights, and its going to be THAT amp, 250 X2 @ 2 ohm... what the best speaker YOU would use?

LOL come on man, THATS what im asking

WHAT would you put at the top for 8's

its going to be eights, and its going to be THAT amp, 250 X2 @ 2 ohm... what the best speaker YOU would use?
The Image Dynamics ID8D2V3's would be perfect on that power and within those space requirements. You could go with a smaller box and some poly fill sealed up or you can go with a 2.25 net cube box ported and tuned at 34Hz for the pair on about 500wrms at 2 ohms.

i cant find specs on the sundown,

but the ID only go up to 100 hz. now down to 10 is awesome, but i dont think 100 is high enough? :-/
Lulz. I ran my ID8's under 63Hz with a 24db slope. 100Hz is more than plenty for a sub stage if your front stage is up to snuff.

Lulz. I ran my ID8's under 63Hz with a 24db slope. 100Hz is more than plenty for a sub stage if your front stage is up to snuff.
x2, a 100hz crossover point has the sub playing too much midbass...just doesn't sound right, at least in my install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

malachi

malachi
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
malachi