Rockford...Yae or nae

so are rockfords really the shiz, or do they have ford in their name because they are ****.
HAHAHA! Their HX2's aren't to shabby! I have a 15"HE2 4ohmDVC - sounds ok to me. Their lower lines are cheap for budget systems. RF IMO is geared towards SPL! Stick w/ your pioneers(SQL), IMO their better! I honestly couldn't tell you what the best is. I can tell you that RF is not BEST!

RF is good no question. One problem is, they are commercial and charge for it. Heres the break-down, for the price of RFD 15's you can get Adire or ED subs for generally the same price, but with way more amazing baskets and magnets etc.

I have 2 RFD2215's and recently got two adire Tumult's (all for Home System). The sound difference isn't large but the Tumults are money way better spent. So your answer is, yes RF is good, but its only cause they rule the retail channel why many like me bought them first, instead of hearing of Adire or Elemental Design before.

how can those tumults not kill those rockfords? Those tumults are some of THE BEST ht subs out there. They out displace them as easy as counting to 5 and eating some nasty sauce with it.

First off I wish I knew about Adire before Rockford. The big misconception is SQ. All subs sound the same. There is no SQ under 100Hz. The only separation, is how each sub handles those frequencies at a given power level.

At low power they all sound the same (I am talking about decent, meaning not flea market brands). So the Tumults don't kill the RF at SQ and wouldn't do it for any other sub. I haven't tested, but the Tumults would destroy my RF at near max power at low FS's. The Tumult has more force at FS below 20. But that is not a fair comparison, because the Tumult has a natural FS of 19, RF is 24.

Once people realize this, there would be no more of, this sub is SQ and that sub isn't. Like I said, now that I know about these internet company's subs, I'd rather spend my money on them, cause they seem to put more work into production quality. I wouldn't recommend commercial brands anymore, but I will never knock them either, cause they get the same job done.

An adire brahma 15 goes for $439. With warranty

You can get 2 RFR3115 subs with warranty on ikesound pricematch for $500 Im sure the brahmas sound better, but they cost nearly twice as much. So its your decision. SPL wise the power hx2s are very capable of putting up good numbers.

And if money is not an option go with the team rf sub. That will destroy most subs out on the market now.

below 30... thats one of the most retarded statements i've ever heard... ill trade you your tumults for some funky pups i got! two for one deal? ha

I have used both the RF 800.2 and the RF700s and I was impressed with both of them, they have plenty of SQ for me and were both built like f*ing tanks, it took me 3 years of abuse to kill the 800.2 and the 700s is still running like new. However, the new stuff fosgate is making 1001BD 1501BD I've heard nothing but bad things about, my friend blew up 2 1001BDs in about 3 weeks time. It's my understanding they are built at about Sony Xplod quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.