Rockford or Kenwood Shallow sub 12"

99ws6
10+ year member

I did some searching and really didn't find what I'm looking for so I figured I would just ask. I have a 04 F150 Super Crew and I am going to run 1 12" Shallowmount sub in a .8 cubic foot sealed box, down firing under the rear seat. I am going to have 480 watts RMS bridged @ 4ohms.

I am looking at either the Rockford Fosgate P3SD412 Shallow mount 12" Sub or the Kenwood KFC-XW1200F.

Any experience with or opinions on these subs would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

i know its not what you asked for but....

stereo integrity BM ftw

http://stereointegrity.com/bm.php

sorry i just figure if your only going to do 1, and a shallow mount, might as well make it count lol

nothing against the rockford or the kenwood but traditionally shallow mount subs are not the greatest performers and stereo integrity seemed to figure it out

another crazy shallow sub is a RE audio SL. They have sick output for a shallow!!!!!!!
Where is the best place to buy one of these? I looked on ebay and nobody has this model on there. Also, I need a sub that is wired to 4ohms, and both the RE SL and the Stereo Integrity subs are in dual 4ohm, do you know if they offer a dual 2 or dual 8 ohm model? Thanks

i know its not what you asked for but....
stereo integrity BM ftw

http://stereointegrity.com/bm.php

sorry i just figure if your only going to do 1, and a shallow mount, might as well make it count lol

nothing against the rockford or the kenwood but traditionally shallow mount subs are not the greatest performers and stereo integrity seemed to figure it out
man nothing against SI at all i just really hope that when they come out they stand up to all the hype thats been given around here.

my jl tw5's were very nice but cost way to much compared to other shallows

Where is the best place to buy one of these? I looked on ebay and nobody has this model on there. Also, I need a sub that is wired to 4ohms, and both the RE SL and the Stereo Integrity subs are in dual 4ohm, do you know if they offer a dual 2 or dual 8 ohm model? Thanks
you would have to get ahold of the places and see if they make a d2

have you considered sellin your amp

and running 2 subs off a different amp @ 1ohm

Try the Kicker shallows they're cheap and hit like a sub should. They will work in sealed box slightly smaller than recommended. I have like no space for my subs, I wanted them to be stealth to avoid theft. I've got 2 of the 6.5" sealed up in a smaller than recommend box with some pollyfill and they hit like I can't believe for the size.

you would have to get ahold of the places and see if they make a d2
have you considered sellin your amp

and running 2 subs off a different amp @ 1ohm
My box is a single 12" box that is custom fit for my truck so I can only go with one. I can't find anywhere that carries the RE SL shallow sub yet, I would just like to get an idea of how much they will run. Have you seen them for sale anywhere? Thanks, Matt

Are they SI BM's out yet? Also, does anybody have a price on the RE SL's or know where to buy one? I can't find them anywhere and RE's customer service is horrible and have not heard anything back from them.

Kicker makes a shallow mount too, I don't remember what they are called, but they are cheap and loud. Dual 4 and 2 available as well.

Personally, out of the two I would go with the Rockford, Kenwood hasn't impressed me with their speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.